Chapter 142

"I- Are you ok-?" A voice said. All of the voices were alarmed. I didn't pay too much attention and ran towards my house. I quickly unlocked the door, locked it behind me, and ran to my room. "I'm worried-" Another voice said, and the voices agreed with them. I changed out of my hero outfit and put on more casual clothes. "I need help," I muttered.

    "What-?!" The voices said in shock. "Is it safe for me to jump across the roofs till I reach the cafe or should I take the train?" I mumbled as I put my brown-and-pink ombre hair into a bun on my head. "Train," The voices said in unison.

    "It's daytime, surely someone would see you-" A voice said. I nodded. "Thanks," I said with a smile, then went to Mum's room. I knocked and heard a "Come in!" from the other side. I opened it and Mum looked at me, a bit shocked. "Techno? You weren't supposed to be back until this evening!" Mum said with a small smile on her face.

    "Hey, Mum," I said with a smile of my own. "I've got something to do so I took the day off. I'm only here for a bit then I'm going somewhere." I said, and she nodded. "Well, I wouldn't want to keep you waiting. You should go!" She said. The gentle smile on her face calmed me a bit. I rushed over to her and hugged her tightly.

    "I love you, Mum," I muttered. "I love you too, my dove." She said with a smile as she returned the hug. A while later we pulled back, said our goodbyes, and I left for the train. The train station wasn't too far from home, it was only one or two blocks away. I quickly paid for my ticket and got a seat. I tapped my foot impatiently. The voices were now talking loudly in confusion, and I muted them. Soon, my stop arrived and I immediately got off. I headed towards Niki and Bad's cafe and got there quickly. I looked up at the sign and wondered why I didn't put the pieces together earlier.

I took a deep breath, pushed the door open, and went inside.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Benson and Quackity stared at each other. Then Benson quacked. Quackity gasped in shock. "There is no way-" He said. I looked back at Ranboo, confused. Ranboo shrugged, clearly as confused as I was. Then Quackity did something that shocked me and Ranboo both.

    He quacked. Like actually quacked. Benson quacked back. Quackity's eyes widened. "Holy shit-" He muttered. He shapeshifted into a duck and looked up at Benson. Benson quacked happily and jumped down from my hand. Benson and Quackity started having a conversation. A literal duck conversation.

    No English, just quacks. My jaw dropped open. I spun around to look at Ranboo and we stared at each other, both of us shocked. It was clear to tell who was who, Quackity had golden feathers and his signature blue beanie which was tiny so it could fit his head. Benson had white feathers and an orange beak. I was confused, but one thought was clear to me.

What the actual frick is going on?