Chapter 72

The colour drained from my face and I could hear Dad suck in a large breath from beside me. "A-Are you sure that it's Sally?" I stuttered as Mum put her warm hand on mine in an attempt to calm me down. The police chief nodded solemnly. "Well, thank you for bringing us this news." Techno said to the chief, and they nodded. "I'll lead you out." Techno said, and the chief thanked them. A second later, they were gone.

    I shakily sit down on the chair beside my parents' bed. "I-I made sure to do everything! I-I even put her in prison!" I said, and Dad rested his hand on my shoulder. "Look mate, we are going to start searching for Fundy." Dad said comfortingly. I nodded immediately. "The first step should be to interrogate people. We can start at headquarters. From there we can analyze who the suspects could be." I said firmly, and Dad and Mum seemed taken aback by my firm response.

    "Wait, why? We already know who took Fundy." Dad said. "I feel like that absolute pitiful excuse for a woman didn't do it alone. She had someone to help her, to tell her where we lived, or someone to tell her to do this. I know she can be smart sometimes, but she doesn't have enough brain cells to find out where I live." I said through clenched teeth, then added something.

"And I think I already know who helped her."

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Tommy settled down on the chair and let Clementine out. They happily zoomed around the room and Tommy smiled. He powered up his desktop and immediately got to work. Not even ten minutes later, he heard someone knock on his door. "Come in!" Tommy said, and Clementine immediately flew into the drawer as they became smaller.

    The door opened, and Phantom stepped in. "Hello, Timothy!" Phantom said. Tommy could immediately tell that Phantom wasn't actually cheerful, which was unusual. He was faking it. "Hello, Phantom!" Tommy said, curious about why Phantom was in his office. He meant yeah, he was his boss, which meant he could come in anytime he wanted, but he usually didn't come in often. He would usually pop in his office to ask how work was going, but he didn't usually come in like he wanted to interrogate him or tell him something serious.

    Phantom walked over and sit down in the chair in front of Tommy's desk. "So, since you live in District 17, do you see vigilantes often?" Phantom asked, and Tommy internally groaned. Again?!!? Tommy thought about it and nodded. He decided that if Phantom asked him deeper questions about vigilantes, he would say that he didn't know. But if he didn't say anything about the vigilantes, he would seem suspicious, or as most of his friends would put it, sus.

    "Well, do you remember the vigilante I told you about last time? The one with the red and white hoodie?" Phantom asked, and Tommy nodded. Tommy wasn't sure if he liked where this conversation seemed to be going. "So I was hoping if you could tell me some more information about him." Phantom said, and Tommy gulped and nodded.

"Have you seen a kid with him?"