Chapter 80

The memory ended and I smiled slightly. "Wait- I can't tell them the full story because then they'll know he used to be a vigilante... Wait he still is-" I thought, and then I quickly came up with a lie to tell the heroes. I looked back up and saw three pairs of eyes watching my every move. "Do you have an answer yet?" Phantom said, and I nodded. "Well?" He asked, and I started speaking.

    "We met a few years ago. I was sitting on a box in an alley, then in comes Timothy. He was limping and he slumped down against the wall once he was about halfway into the alley. I guess he didn't see me, because he was shocked when I sat down in front of him. He had a deep wound on his arm, which was bleeding a lot. I wrapped it up, then he told me his name. After that, we became good friends." I said as they listened closely. Yes, people knew I was good at medical stuff, but only Tommy knew I was a healer, and I didn't plan on telling anyone else.

    I saw Phantom's eyes soften. "And was Timothy living with his friends at the time?" Phantom asked, and I became a bit confused. "Friends-?" I asked, then soon realized they were talking about Ranboo and Tubbo. "Oh, yeah, he was." I said, then Phantom nodded as his eyebrows furrowed. "Well, that was all we needed to know. You can go now, thank you for your time, and have a good day." Ph1LzA said with a smile, and I nodded, got up, returned the smile, and left. As I closed the door behind me, I could only wonder one thing.

What was that about?

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    A while passed, and I was doing some work when my phone dinged. I checked it, and it was a voice message from Niki. "Hey, when you get done with work, can you come with Tommy to our meeting place? We need to talk about something, or I should say someone." Niki said, sounding a bit hesitant. "Oh, and make sure to wear your outfits before coming here." She said a bit later. I replied immediately after hearing the message, saying I would be there as soon as possible. I checked the time and found out Tommy and I got off in around five minutes.

    I started packing up, then left and locked my office. I waited around for Tommy, and a moment later, he came out of the elevator with the SBI. Phantom smiled at me, and I hesitated but returned the smile a second later. Tommy grinned once he saw me and rushed over to me. I knew Phantom had super-hearing, so I pretended to show Tommy something on my phone so no one would get suspicious. Then, I typed a message out in front of Tommy, telling him about Niki's voice message.

    Tommy's face immediately morphed from excited to serious. "Right now?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Well, no time to waste, we'll take the train to my district, then we'll leave." He said, and I nodded in agreement. We walked as fast as we could without raising suspicion, then immediately got on the train and headed towards District 17. Since most of the vigilantes were in District 17, the meeting place for vigilantes, or vigilante headquarters, was also in District 17. The train soon arrived in District 17, and we immediately left and then I paused. "Wait, where do we..." I said, and Tommy immediately caught on to what I was saying.

    "My apartment. We'll change then meet up." He said, and we ran as fast as we could to the apartment. Usually, we wouldn't be moving this fast, but Niki's message was urgent. We soon reached the apartment and saw Puffy wasn't in the lobby. Tommy paused for a bit but I raced up the stairs and unlocked the door to his apartment. He followed soon after, and he immediately went to his room while I went to the bathroom to change.

    As I walked through the hallway, I passed a note which was on the wall. It was from Tubbo. "Hey bossman, if you're reading this, don't worry about where I am. I'm with Ranboo at the meeting place, come ASAP." The note read. After I read it, I immediately continued running toward the bathroom.

    We came out a minute later and he immediately clicked open the window and jumped out. Well, I jumped out. Tommy sat on the windowsill and locked the window, then he jumped after me. We jumped across rooftops to get to the meeting place, and after some time, we did. As soon as we reached the headquarters, we burst in, out of breath. "We came as fast as we could, sorry it took so long-" Tommy said, out of breath.

    We looked around and saw every vigilante in their outfits, surrounding something, or as Niki said, someone. Tommy went towards the cluster of people, and some people pushed aside so he could see what was going on, and I followed. I must have been expecting something else, because I was shocked and definitely not expecting... this.

It was a person tied to a chair.

And it was not Jack.