Chapter 58

Tommy clenched his fists as he looked at Phantom. The longer he stared at Phantom, the more his anger grew. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" Tommy asked as he tried to keep his cool. Phantom looked like he wanted to roll his eyes and scoff at Tommy. "Did I say something wrong?" He asked, his expression turning from annoyed to concerned. 

    "W-why do you hate vigilantes so much?!" Tommy sputtered in anger. Phantom looked a bit shocked. "Ok, I know you live in District 17 and in that district they put vigilantes in a good light, but why are you defending them? I mean, I'm not wrong if you look at it from a logical side." Phantom said. Phantom's expression was now a mix of anger, confusion, and concern. "First tell me why you hate them!" Tommy said, trying his best to keep his voice down. 

"Ok fine." Phantom said as he rolled his eyes.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I knew I looked calm on the outside, but my mind was racing at a hundred miles per hour. I would definitely have to leave out some parts, but I think I could tell Timothy. Maybe after we've gotten to know each other a bit better and this whole vigilante drama is behind us, we can become good friends. Then I can tell him the whole story.

    "You see, my best friend was a vigilante. We were very close, and I would have done anything for him. I would have destroyed this world and rebuilt it again, just for him. But one day, he broke my heart, by becoming a villain. One of the biggest villains in Dream SMP." I said, and I felt a hole grow in my heart the more I talked about him.

    "So you see, this is why I hate vigilantes." I said. I could see Timothy's face go through a flurry of emotions before settling on concern. "So... you hate vigilantes because you're scared that they'll become the next villain?" Timothy asked, and I nodded as I looked at the floor. "O-oh, I..." He said, trailing off at the end. I sighed.

Then he said something that shocked me.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Tommy couldn't help but feel a bit of sympathy for him, but he was still Phantom. "O-oh, I..." Tommy said as he trailed off. "I'm really sorry..." Tommy said as he trailed off, but then he remembered something that Phantom had said earlier about the vigilante who "stole" Clementine.

    "Wait, you haven't caught that vigilante yet, right? And they escaped Blade?" Tommy said, and Phantom looked up and nodded. "The Blade? The second top hero?" Tommy asked, and Phantom nodded, confused. "Okay, so either the great and mighty Blade is stupid as shit, or that vigilante is definitely way smarter than you heroes." Tommy said with a serious face, and he could hear Clementine trying their best not to laugh.

    Phantom looked offended, at Tommy's words, and Tommy had to try his best not to laugh. "No offense, I just said this to lighten the mood." Tommy said, even though he meant every single word of what he just said. "Well, I agree with you on that." Phantom said as he leaned back in his chair with a smile.

    "Wait I thought you hated vigilantes?!?" Tommy asked, surprised. "I still do, nothing can ever change that." Phantom said seriously. "But what you said about Blade is correct." Phantom said as he laughed gently. "Ok, I don't really mean that, but he's weird sometimes. Ok, never mind. None of what I said is true actually." Phantom said, and Tommy just stared at Phantom.

    "Well, don't tell anyone, and I mean it, especially Blade, but I love Blade to bits. Platonically, of course. But what else can I do? We're literally twins, we have this natural connection!" Phantom said as he sighed in defeat. Tommy just smiled. "You know, I think one of you twins have super hearing, so..." Tommy said, and Phantom panicked, then relaxed. "No, I'm the one with super hearing. But don't worry, your office is soundproofed so you don't need to worry about me hearing any private conversations." Phantom smiled, then looked at the clock.

    "Oh shit, I have to go now, bye Timothy!" Phantom said as he left the office, and Tommy nodded. "Bye Phantom!" Tommy said as he turned to his computer. "Well, this work was easy. I'm already done!" Tommy said with a smile, and Clementine took that as their cue to come out. Clementine shrunk, and Tommy opened his pocket, then left for the elevator. Tommy had a conversation with Clementine in his mind.

"Let's go to lunch now, ok Clem?"