Chapter 9

Tommy wasn't an idiot, nor was he a fool. When he had looked down, he saw an open dumpster that had trash bags in it. He knew the trash bags wouldn't be too hard, but they wouldn't be soft either. They could break his fall and cause some serious back pain, but if it meant escaping the heroes, then he would do it.

    His calculations were correct. Tommy landed straight into the dumpster on some trash bags and stayed there for a while. "Oof I probably damaged my back a lot." Tommy thought as he winced in pain. He saw the heroes run to the edge of the building and look around for him. After talking with each other for a bit, they left. Tommy let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. After he made sure they were gone, he limped to a different alley, changed out of his vigilante outfit with difficulty, put it in his backpack, and went back home to the apartment limping. 

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    We all watched as the boy fell backwards off the roof. Phil quickly reached out to grab him but was too late. On instinct, we all ran to the edge and looked for the boy. This is when things became weird. There were no splatters of blood, no boy lying at a weird angle, nothing. The boy was nowhere to be seen. "Ugh, he escaped. Can you believe it?" Phantom said, not believing it. To be honest, I couldn't believe it either. "A vigilante escaped us. He looked like he was a kid. WE'RE THE TOP THREE HEROES AND HE'S JUST A VIGILANTE WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CATCH HIM!" Phantom yelled, putting his head in his hands in disappointment. Phil patted his back to try to calm Phantom down.

    "Did he have any gear on him?" I asked the two. "Well, he could jump really high." Phil pointed out. "So, he either had special boots or a potion." I replied, thinking about the boy. "But the boy didn't have particles around him, so he had to have boots." Phantom said, turning away from the edge, still fuming with anger. "Can we talk about this more at headquarters? I don't want to stay here." Phantom said. "Yeah sure!" Phil said, already starting to fly back. I mumbled something and also started to head back.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Tommy walked into the apartment limping a lot. Puffy hadn't gone to sleep yet and immediately noticed Tommy. "TOMMY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?" She yelled, rushing over to the boy. "Nothing! I was just out patrolling!" Tommy said. Well technically, it wasn't a lie. He was out on patrol. "I know that, tell me what happened!" Puffy said with a little eye roll. "Actually no. First, I'm taking you to your apartment, bandaging you up, then you tell me what happened." She said as she put his arm around her shoulder and started helping him towards the stairs.

    "Thanks..." Tommy said. "You're welcome, Tommy, but tell me what happened later, ok?" Puffy said as she smiled at Tommy. Once someone opened the door, they were shoved inside, and the door immediately closed. 

    To their surprise, it was Tubbo.