Chapter 95

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that Mama wasn't there. I woke up from my nap and looked around. I tried to yawn, but pain erupted from my mouth. Shoot. I forgot my mouth was still sewn shut. I looked around, and thankfully, the blood had dried, so I could look around clearly. I looked down to see I was still tied to the chair. I remembered Mama had a table which had blades on it, and I looked around for it.

    Unfortunately, I didn't find it. I internally groaned and looked around for any blade. I couldn't find anything, again. I heard footsteps, and I tried to twitch my ears towards the noise, but pain shot out, and tears pricked my eyes. The footsteps became clearer and louder, and I tried to back away from the noise. Mama then stepped out of the shadows and looked me up and down.

    "Now that I think about it, you aren't wearing your normal clothes... what on earth are you wearing?" Mama said, seemingly disgusted. I looked down at my t-shirt and jeans. I didn't attempt to speak, because this time I remembered I couldn't. "Ugh... where did you even get this outfit? It looks disgusting on you... did your Papa get you this? What am I saying, of course, he did." She muttered. I looked down in embarrassment and sadness. I felt tears prick my eyes, again.

    "I can't stand looking at you in an outfit like that." She said. I wish I could speak, and it seems like Mama wanted me to speak too. "I'm going to cut the string off... for now, and then I'll sew it back on again. But every time you want to speak, I'll cut it off, and then sew it on again. Oh, wait, that's actually perfect! It'll hurt a lot too, so that's a huge, huge bonus." Mama said excitedly.

    My eyes widened and I tried to scoot away from her and was somewhat successful. "Aww come on, don't you want to speak again?" She said with a grin and grabbed a large pair of scissors. "You know, if I'm lucky, I'll even cut off some of your flesh! How does that sound? Actually, I'm going to use these scissors soon. Wow, the possibilities are endless!" She said happily, and I shook my head furiously.

    "Don't be scared, it's just Mama! Now be a good little kid and stay still. Or else I'll accidentally cut off more than needed." She said coldly. I nodded slowly and started crying again. She just grinned and sat down on the chair in front of me. She lifted the scissors, and I flinched when I saw how sharp the scissors were. "I haven't used it in a long time... but the sharper, the better! Right?" Mama asked, and I shivered. "Keep. Still." She said angrily once she saw me shiver.

    Then, she held the scissors in one hand and forcefully grabbed my chin with her other hand. I cried more, but kept still, not wanting her to cut off more than the thread. However, no matter how still I stayed, she cut off a piece of my lower lip too. I yelped in pain and Mama smiled. "Well, now you can talk!" She said as the taste of iron filled my mouth and blood dripped down my chin.

    "Ugh. You should be thankful I cut the thread off. Anyways, as I was saying let's get you a nice outfit... I think I have something somewhere in these boxes..." Mama said as she got off the chair and began searching the boxes in the corner. She came back with something flowy and... I think pink? "Here. Put this on instead. I don't have anything for your lower half, but the jeans you have on will do." She said as she held the article of clothing out to me. My eyes widened as I realized what it was. I shook my head as I saw the outfit. Mama's face immediately became angry. "Put the dress on." She said through clenched teeth.

"Georgiana."