Chapter 160

I nodded eagerly. "Yes!" I said excitedly. The man chuckled and looked around. "You want to walk or to be carried?" He asked, and I thought for a long time, which in reality was half a minute. In the end, I shrugged. "I don't know..." I mumbled. The man nodded.

    "Welp, guess I'll carry you. You're too tiny to look around much anyways, you'd need to be way taller." He said, and I nodded. "Okay!" I said happily, and his face lit up. The man lifted me onto his shoulders so now my right leg was on his right shoulder and my left leg on his left shoulder. "Now let's go!" He said with a grin.

    I cheered and we started walking. He held onto my legs to make sure I didn't fall. I looked over at the tubs of lava and he noticed. "That's lava. We use it to melt stuff." He said, and I nodded. "Cool!" I said. I then realised something. "What are they melting?" I asked as I looked at a person in a hazmat suit who was carrying a pot with silvery liquid. The man looked over.

    "Oh, that? That's iron. Well, liquified or melted iron. Iron is normally a solid." The man said, and I nodded. "What's it used for?" I asked, and he looked up at me for a second then back down at the pot of liquid iron. "You really want to know?" He asked, I nodded.

    "Well other people use it for tools or kitchen appliances and stuff like that but we use it to make other things..." He said and I nodded. "Okay!" I said happily, and my hand accidentally brushed against his horn.

    "Oops- Sorry!" I apologised quickly as the man froze. I thought he was mad because he was quiet, but when I looked down at this face he was smiling a bit with a faraway look in his eye. After a moment he snapped back to reality and looked at me.

    "Hm? Oh, I don't mind, no need to apologise." He said, and I nodded, a bit unsure. "Okay!" I said, and I noticed a door in the back which had a big warning sign and a symbol on it. There was a yellow circle with a black outline and a black mark that looked like a fan. I pointed at that. "What's that?" I asked, and the man stared at the door.

    "It's a very dangerous room. You can never go in there. Even I can't go in there without the right protection." He said seriously, and I nodded. "But what do you do in that room?" I asked curiously, staring at the room.

    "I... I can't tell you that, kid." He said, and I nodded, a bit hesitant. "Okay..!" I said. We started walking towards the back when a door opened and Mama came out. "There you are-! Sheesh, I've been looking everywhere for you and you weren't in your office. I was getting a bit worried." Mama said, and I might have been imagining it, but I'm kind of sure her cheeks turned a bit red for a second then went back to their normal green.

    The man rolled his eyes. "I was here, Sally. I came to the front after a bit to get some fresh air and a break from my work." The man said. Mama laughed a bit, then spotted me, and my eyes widened as she glared at me. "Oh shoot..." I thought. I was in big trouble. "Georgiana." She said coldly.

"What do you think you're doing?"