Chapter 129

I heard a bell ring and groaned. "We have to get to work, come on," I said. Techno nodded and we got up at the same time. Techno looked at me like he was debating something. "What?" I said and raised an eyebrow. Suddenly, he hugged me.

    "I love you, Wilbur," Techno muttered. I smiled, and I felt a small tear form in my eye. I quickly wiped it away though. I then hugged him back and ran my hand through his hair. "I love you too, Techno," I said as I hugged my twin.

    We hugged for a while and then separated. "Well, I guess we have to get to work now..." I said as I adjusted my beanie. "Duh," Techno said in his usual monotone. "So stop being an emo reject and change your outfit-" I said as I looked at him.

    "The same goes for you, Danny Phantom wannabe." He said as he rolled his eyes and threw his long hair over his shoulder. "Excuse me?" I said as I glared at him. He smirked. "You heard me. Or are you deaf now too?" Techno said, and I watched him as I raised my hand and pointed at him.

    "I have better hearing than you'll ever have," I said. "Oh really? It doesn't look like you heard me the first time. Maybe you need hearing aids or something." Techno said, still talking in monotone. "You better-" I started, but got cut off by Dad stepping through the door.

    "Both of you better get to work, or else." He said as he groaned. "Sorry, Dad." We both said in sync. Dad sighed and nodded. "It's fine, just get to work. We have two days left till the festival, and we need to be ready. Both of you know the importance of this festival." Dad said as he watched us.

    "Dad, we're looking for his assistant, right?" Techno asked, and Dad nodded. "Yes. Do you two know who it is yet?" He said as he watched the clock on the wall. I shook my head. "We're working on it, but I might have an idea of who it is," I said. Dad smiled and nodded. He walked past us and ruffled our hair. I smiled and Techno smiled slightly. "Dad, we're not eight anymore," Techno said. Dad raised an eyebrow.

    "Oh really? Cause when I walked in here both of you were acting like eight-year-olds." He said, and I burst into laughter. Techno became speechless and just looked at Dad. "I-I need to change into my outfit-" Techno muttered as he pushed past Dad and went into the changing room. Dad burst into laughter and looked at me.

    "Same goes to you, Wilbur," Dad said as he smiled at me. I nodded and gave him a two-finger salute. "Got it." I said as I shifted into my phantom form. "I can't see you but okay-" He muttered and also left to change. I went to the mirror and stared at myself. I shifted out of my phantom form and stared.

    But maybe I stared for a bit too long because I saw him. He was smiling with his hand on my shoulder. My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head and he disappeared. "Get it together, Wilbur," I muttered.

"He's not coming back."