Chapter 175

Wilbur started crying a bit more so I turned him around and hugged him. "You'll be alright, Wilbur," I murmured as I rubbed his back comfortingly. We stayed like that for a while, with me mumbling consoling phrases and Wilbur holding onto me like his life depended on it. A while later, Wilbur moved back and gave me a weak smile.

    "Thanks, Dad." He said and I nodded, wiping his tears away. "You're welcome, Wil," I said with a smile. I looked at the clock and realised we had some time left till we had to go patrol with the Bench Trio. "We have some time left, so get ready, okay?" I said as I ruffled his hair. Wilbur laughed and tried to push my hand away.

    "Dad!" He said, stretching the word with a laugh. "What?" I said with a smile. "I'm not five!" He said and I rolled my eyes. "But you will always be my baby raven," I said as I planted an exaggerated peck on his cheek. Wilbur groaned. "Really, Dad?" He said, burying his face in his hands. I just laughed and ruffled his hair again as I got up.

    "I'm gonna go check on Techno now, okay?" I asked and Wilbur smiled and nodded. "Okay!" He said, looking more happier than when I first came in. He stretched his arms and got up and smiled at me. I returned the smile with a small nod. I walked out of his room and gently closed the door behind me. Then I walked to Techno's room and gently knocked. I didn't get a response so I waited and then knocked again. I still got no response.

    I was getting a bit worried, but I waited some more. Mainly because I didn't want to invade my son's privacy. "Techno?" I asked as I knocked on his door again. Still no response. "Techno, I'm coming in if you don't open the door. I'm getting worried." I said, knocking on the door again, my worry for my son growing every passing second. I waited for another minute. Still no response.

    "I'm coming in," I said as I tried to open the door. To my surprise, the door was open. At this point, I was extremely worried. I looked at Techno's window to see it was locked and closed. So he didn't go out. I looked around his room with worry clearly written in my expression. "Techno?!" I said, feeling my heart beat faster with every passing second. I heard a small noise from a corner of his room and immediately whipped around to look at that corner.

    I saw Techno huddled in the corner and let out a small sigh of relief and let my shoulders relax. But then they tensed back up when I looked closer at Techno. He had his knees brought up to his chest, buried his hands in his hair and was yanking at his long hair, and his head was shoved into his knees. It looked like he didn't know what was happening around him.

    "TECHNO!" I said as I immediately ran over and kneeled down in front of him. Techno finally snapped out of whatever trance he was in and looked up at me with wide, teary eyes. We kept eye contact with each other, one set of eyes filled with concern and worry, the other set filled with panic and fright. He finally spoke in a croaky voice.

"D-Dad... The v-voices... T-They won't s-stop."