Chapter 27

I stared at Timothy in shock. "Sorry, but did I hear you correctly?" I asked in disbelief. "What do you mean?" Timothy asked as he stared at me in confusion. "I thought you just said that you would go to the Heroes Headquarters for an interview." I said, still in shock. "Yeah, I did." Timothy said with an eye roll. 

    "What, are you deaf or something?" Timothy snapped, and even though it looked like he meant it, I could tell it was lighthearted. "N-no, sorry, but I thought you hated heroes?" I asked after I shook my head quickly. "Yeah, I still do, but I have to." Timothy said, and he seemed to be a bit annoyed.

    "No, you don't. You don't have to do anything you don't want to, but I'm sure the heroes would like it if you do go there." I said as I tried to be a bit helpful. Timothy sighed. "You don't get it, do you?" He asked, and after I shook my head, he explained.

    "Look, I love my job at this cafe, but I need more money to support me and my friends." Timothy explained as he watched the cafe door. "Why do you have to support your friends? Can't they just get a job like you?" I asked, confused. When I said this, Timothy snapped.

    "NO, I CAN'T! YOU DON'T GET WHAT I HAVE TO DO, SO STOP PRETENDING THAT YOU DO KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO, STOP BEING SO ANNOYING AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" Timothy yelled at me, but the walls in the cafe were thick so no one could hear them. I was shocked. "I-I'm sorry." I said quietly, and Timothy scoffed. Then someone entered the cafe, and Timothy went to take their order, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

What did Timothy mean?

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    "NO, I CAN'T! YOU DON'T GET WHAT I HAVE TO DO, SO STOP PRETENDING THAT YOU DO KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO, STOP BEING SO ANNOYING AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" Tommy yelled at Liam, and he flinched from the loud noise. Tommy didn't want to yell at Liam, but when he said that about Tubbo and Ranboo he snapped.

    He knew he probably thought he was being sensitive, but what he said offended Tommy a lot. Tubbo couldn't get a job because he was stuck to his bed, and could only get off his bed after a month at least, and if Ranboo got a job, then who would look after Tubbo? Tubbo would scoff and roll his eyes when Ranboo took care of him, but deep down Tubbo knew that they had no other option.

    Someone entered the cafe, and Tommy immediately went to take their order. It wasn't Ph1lzA and Blade, which Tommy was relieved to see, it was a group of people. When Tommy got closer, he realized that they weren't just some people, they were his friends!

    "HEY MAN!!" Quackity said as he punched Tommy's arm in a friendly way. "Hey guys! But before you say another word, get to the table, sit down, and listen closely." Tommy said the end in a quiet voice as he led his confused friends to their usual table. "Ok, now spill." Purpled said seriously, and Tommy explained.

    "Ok, so there's this new guy named Liam, and there's something off about him. I don't trust him, and he also seems close to Ph1lzA and Blade, so I made up a fake name so whenever he's around or we're in the cafe you have to call me Timothy." Tommy said quickly and quietly. His friends seemed shocked, but Quackity seemed to brighten up for some reason.

    "What if you use him?" Quackity asked. "That is a good idea Big Q, but Niki already thought about that and I'm going to do it." Tommy said. "Oh, ok. But how's Tubbo?" Quackity asked. "Tubbo's fine, but he pretended to be a fish yesterday." Tommy said as he shook his head in a disapproving manner, but he couldn't stop a small smile making its way on his face as Quackity laughed.

    After taking his friends orders, he went back to the station to make the drinks. As he was making the drinks, he sneaked a glance at Liam who was also making drinks. As Tommy made the drinks, he thought about what Niki said about getting close to Liam.

"I messed up, didn't I?"