Chapter 69

"WHAT?!!?" I yelled in shock as I stared at Techno. He nodded and explained. "Before you woke up, we called the police and they've been looking around his room for the past two hours. And now they have finally found a clue." He said as he pointed in the direction of Fundy's room. I nodded quickly and ran as fast as I could with Techno by my side.

    I burst into the room to see Dad eagerly listening to the police chief while the other officers looked around the room. "Greetings, sir." They said, and I nodded. "My brother was telling me that you guys found a clue?" I asked hopefully, and they nodded. "We found a strand of hair and a strange object." They seemed to have noticed my confused expression because they started to explain.

    "Well, I know that may seem confusing because the strand of hair could belong to anyone. But that's not the case. The strand of hair belongs to someone with long, red hair. See, your father has blond hair, and your mother has dark hair. So it couldn't be their hair. Your brother has long pink and brown hair, and you have brown hair, so it couldn't have been either of you. But you're probably thinking about your son and how he has orange hair. Well, his hair is orange, and it's definitely not as long as this strand. The strand of hair is red, so it's not anybody in your household. We were thinking of taking this to the forensics lab to try to run a DNA test to see if we can identify who this belongs to. As for the object, we don't know yet." They explained, and I hung onto every word.

    "How long will it take you to run the tests?" I asked, my voice laced with worry. "About one or two hours, since this will be our top priority and the lab doesn't have any other DNA tests to run, it's not going to take too long. Normally it would take three to five business days, however..." They said, trailing off at the end. I nodded, and they smiled. "If you don't mind, we will be on our way now. We will try to get the results to you as soon as possible, and I wish you a good morning." They said as they walked to the door, and the officers followed behind them.

    We all went to the living room, and we plopped down on the large sofas. "Wait, where's Mum?" Techno asked, and Dad was snapped out of his thoughts. "Hmm?" He asked as he turned to Techno. "Oh, she's still sleeping. Why?" Dad asked, and Techno shrugged lightly. "I just felt the urge to ask." He said, then he pulled out his black notebook and started writing in it. I leaned over to try to get a peek of what he was writing, but he turned the notebook away from me.

    I knew it was most likely a reflex and he wasn't trying to be mean or anything. "It's probably just his diary or something." I thought as I shrugged. "Well, I suggest you boys try to do something to pass the time. We're going to have to wait for one or two hours, so you two should find something to do so you don't get bored. Or worried. It can take your mind off of Fundy." Dad said as he got up from the sofa. I knew the last part was directed toward me, and I nodded.

    I nodded and got up from the sofa I was sitting on. It would be practically impossible to take my mind off of Fundy. I mean, if your son was kidnapped, and the police were going to tell you who was responsible in one or two hours, you would be on the edge of your seat too. I let out a small sigh and decided to go to the guest room and think about who it could be. I soon reached the room and sat down on the chair next to the small desk that was there. "Wait... the vigilante painted my door with red... and there was red glitter on my walls... what if the vigilante also has dyed their hair red?!!? Then that would mean that it was the vigilante... but he covers his head in a hood though..." I thought, and a minute later, I sank into my thoughts.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Two hours later, I heard the doorbell chime and I immediately jumped out of my seat. I ran towards the door, hoping that it was the police. I quickly opened the door to see who it was, and I was correct. It was the police chief. "Good morning sir. May I come in?" They asked, and I nodded and opened the door wider for them to come in. They came in and a while later, we were in Mum and Dad's room. Usually, we would be in the living room, but we wanted Mum to hear it too. The police chief started speaking, and we all immediately turned to them and hung on to their every word. "So we've run the DNA tests, and the strand belongs to a woman." They said.

"By the name of Sally Salmon."