Chapter 179

Wilbur noticed me smiling at him and returned the smile. He continued strumming a soft melody as he focused on the guitar. "I'm definitely playing this on repeat later." A voice said flatly and other voices voiced their agreement. "E." A voice said. I sighed with relief, happy that they finally stopped.

    I looked at Wilbur who seemed to understand what I was thinking about. He nodded and mouthed, "I'll finish after they've really calmed down, okay?" I nodded with a grateful smile. "Thank you." I whispered through my tears.

    Soon enough, the voices had finally calmed down and had returned to their usual state. I nodded to Wilbur and he nodded with a smile. He played the final chords and set his guitar down by himself. We stared at each other for a few second and then Wilbur lunged at me.

    "YOU SCARED ME, PRICK!" He said as tears pooled in his eyes. I laughed as I pet his back, a tear of happiness falling from my own eye. "God, Wilbur, what would I do without you?" I said as I hugged him as tight as I could. Normally, if it was anyone else minus Mum and Dad, I would have frozen up and politely shoved them away, but this was Wilbur. I held onto him like my life depended on it as Dad watched with a smile from my bed.

    "Probably give in to the voices and become the most famous serial killer." He said with a small laugh as I felt a tear drip onto my shoulder. I buried my face in his neck and he did the same. We didn't let go of each other for a long time. When we finally broke apart, we smiled at each other, then looked at Dad who was surveying us with a smile of his own.

    "I feel so relieved to see you back to normal." Dad said as he got off the bed and gently hugged me. I smiled and returned the hug as Wilbur looked at me. "What are the voices saying now, Tehcno?" He asked, a look of concern on his face. I paused and listened to the voices.

    "E." One voice said. "E." Another voice said. I listened closer and realised all of them were just saying "E." over and over again. I smiled and looked at Wilbur. "E." I said and Wilbur burst into laughter.

    "Seriously?!" He said, not believing it. I nodded and Dad pulled away, chuckling. "Yes, seriously- Whenever they're not talking about something else they won't shut up about E." I said with a small shake of my head. Wilbur continued laughing and so did Dad. Dad looked at the clock and smiled a bit.

    "Techno, we're going to be leaving in a bit, so get ready, okay?" He said and I nodded. Dad smiled and left while Wilbur stayed behind. there was a moment of silence and then Wilbur hugged me again. "I love you, Techno." He murmured and I smiled and I hugged him back.

"I love you too, Wilbur."