Chapter 158

I smiled a bit and patted her head. "Wow, Niki. Even after all these years, you still hug people so tight, you break their bones." I said, and she got off immediately. "Oh my god, I am so sorry-" She said, and I got up and dusted myself off.

    "No big deal, don't worry about it," I said and held my hand out for her. She gratefully took it and smiled. "But in all honesty, I missed you so much!" She said excitedly, and then her eyes widened. "Oh my god, there's so much that we both missed-! You look like you're hungry... want some cake?" Niki said in a rush, and I smiled.

    "Typical Niki." I thought with a smile. The voices immediately came back. "Niki?!" A voice said. "How does Techno know Niki-?!" Another said, but I ignored them. I nodded. "Cake would be wonderful, thanks a lot, Niki." I said with a small smile. Niki returned the smile, but with way more energy. "Okay!" She nodded and laughed a bit.

    "You know, all we need now to complete the group is Wilbur and S..." She trailed off, and the mood darkened. But she just calmly shook it off and smiled. "Eh, let's not let them darken the mood." She said, waving her hand like she was trying to push away some bad aura.

    For a second, I didn't see the Niki who was standing in front of me. Instead I saw the child version of her, doing the same thing. I laughed a bit at the memory, and her smile widened. She took my hand and opened the door with her other hand.

"Come on!"

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    A few minutes later, Aimsey was finished with her drawing and gave the paper and pen back to Tommy. "There." She said as she beamed with pride. Tommy grinned as he looked at it. He looked at the ceiling and the gears started turning in his immediately.

    "I can sense the delightful feel of chaos, it is so near!" Clememtine said in an excited sing-song voice. Tommy smiled and looked at Aimsey. "Not to be rude or anything, but could you stand up? I need to size you up." Tommy said, and Aimsey nodded. She stood up and looked down at Tommy and smirked.

    "Shawty." She said, the smirk still present. Tommy just rolled his eyes and looked Aimsey up and down. He looked at the bars which held them in their cell and then reached into his pocket. He pulled out a small bomb and Aimsey's eyes widened.

    "WHAT IS THAT-?!" She said, and Tommy immediately shushed her. "Do you want them to hear us?!" Tommy whisper-yelled. Aimsey slowly shook her head and Tommy stood up. "So what is that?" She asked, pointing to the bomb in Tommy's hand. "A smoke bomb." Tommy said with a shrug. Aimsey raised an eyebrow.

    "Uh-huh. And you're a hero-?" Aimsey said, and Tommy paused. "I'm not in vigilante mode right now... Uhh..." Tommy thought, and Clementine spoke up. "Hero in training. State that." Clementine offered, and Tommy thanked them immediately. "God, Clem, what would I do without you-?" Tommy thought, and Clementine laughed.

    "Uhm, you good?" Aimsey asked, and Tommy snapped back to reality. "Y-Yeah!" He said, and Aimsey nodded. "So what are you, a hero?" Aimsey asked, and Tommy shook his head slowly. "Well, I wouldn't really call myself that-" Tommy muttered, and Aimsey looked at him weirdly. "So what would you call yourself?" Aimsey asked, and Tommy remembered Clementine's words.

"A hero in training."