Chapter 124

I started taking shaky steps towards my bedroom door. I held Benson carefully in one hand as I reached out with the other hand to open my door. "Holy shit..." I muttered in shock as I stepped out of my room by myself for the first time in years.

    I stumbled as I accidentally tripped on something and immediately grabbed a nearby table to try and catch myself. Luckily, I caught myself just in time and Benson had jumped out of my hand right before I slammed it on the table. "Quack!" Benson said as he hopped around me.

    "I'm okay, Benson. Are you okay?!" I said as I bent down to pick him up again. He nodded and nuzzled my hand. I let out a sigh of relief and started walking again. I slowly walked into the living room and paused.

    "What should I do?" I muttered, and then looked down at Benson. "Quack!" He said as he jumped. "You're hungry?" I asked with a smile. Benson nodded and quacked again. "Okay, okay," I said as I rolled my eyes, but I was still smiling. "What do you want to eat?" I asked as I stepped into the kitchen and looked around. Benson also looked around and his eyes settled on the small pantry in the corner of the kitchen.

    "Quack?" He said as he looked at me with adorable puppy eyes. "Fine." I said, dragging out the 'e' in 'fine'. I headed over to the pantry and tried not to shake as I walked. I opened the pantry and held him up.

    "Okay Benson, what do you want?" I said as I stroked his head. Benson squinted his eyes as he looked at the food. Then he stiffened and whipped around. "What is it?" I muttered to him as I also turned around and my eyes widened.

    I let out a small scream as I realized what was going on. A hooded and masked figure was searching through the cupboards and froze when I screamed, so now we were facing each other. "HOW DID I NOT HEAR THEM-?!!?" I thought in shock. I stepped back as I held Benson close to me protectively.

    "What are you doing in my hou-house?" I said as I took another step back and mentally cursed my voice for cracking. I felt tears well in my eyes as I realised Ranboo or Tommy weren't home. I looked around frantically and Benson quacked as he stepped forward on my palm. "QUACK!" Benson said angrily and defensively as he raised his wings angrily and protectively.

    "WHAT IF THEY HURT BENSON?!!?" I thought and immediately pulled Benson back into the centre of my palm and held him close to me. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOU-OU-USE?!!?" I said as I sobbed a little.

    I was home alone and I had just learned how to walk. I didn't want to not be able to walk again. The hooded figure looked at me as a tear rolled down my cheek. They then pulled down their hood and took off their glasses.

    It was... Ranboo?!!? Ranboo then sighed and put something back in the cupboard and didn't break eye contact with me as he did so. I was now very confused, but before I could ask him what the heck he was doing, he started talking.

"I want waffle fries."