Chapter 137

The lunch bell rang and Tommy looked up and grinned. "Well, how much work have you completed?" Clementine asked as they flew over to Tommy's desk. "A lot. Just got two things left to do, and then we'll leave!" Tommy said as he spun around in his chair. Tommy noticed that Clementine went quiet and stopped spinning.

    "Something wrong, Clem?" Tommy asked. Clementine stayed silent for a few seconds, then spoke. "That seems... pleasurable," Clementine said, a bit hesitant. Tommy immediately knew what they were thinking. "Wanna try?" He asked as he got up from the chair. Clementine immediately froze.

    "I- Uh- Uhm-" They stuttered. Tommy smiled. "Clem, it's fine-" He said as he gently pushed Clementine onto the chair. "I do not precisely understand how I will achieve this, I mean I am literally an axe-" Clementine said uncertainly. Tommy smiled at Clementine comfortingly.

    "It'll be fine, Clem! Also, uhh how do you stop floating-? It might not be enjoyable if you're flying." Tommy said, a bit confused. Clementine stopped hovering over the chair and sat on it. Tommy grinned. "Perfect." He said, before getting behind Clementine, grabbing hold of the sides of the chair, and spinning it with all his might.

    "WAIT, WHA-" Clementine said before the chair turned so fast that it became a blur. He heard Clementine laugh and Tommy smiled. Soon, the chair stopped, and Clementine tried to hover above the seat, but only did so for a second or two before they fell back onto the chair.

    "I-I believe I might be light-headed-" Clementine muttered, and Tommy laughed. "That's what happens when you spin too fast, Clem." He said and gently picked Clementine up. "You can still shrink, right?" He asked, and Clementine shrank to the size of his fingernail. "Apparently, yes." They said, and Tommy nodded.

     "Come on, let's go to lunch!" Tommy said as he gently placed Clementine in his front pocket. "Well, that experience was... entertaining," Clementine said. Tommy rolled his eyes. "Just entertaining? Nothing more?" Tommy said, making it sound like he had been deeply hurt.

    "Fine... I suppose it was... a bit fun..." Tommy's eyes lit up. "YAYYYY-" He thought, and Clementine laughed a bit.  "Be glad you did not state that out loud," Clementine said, and Tommy nodded as he entered the elevator.

    "Hello, Timothy! Heading off to lunch?" Sam Nook asked, and Tommy nodded. "Yup!" Tommy said with a smile. "You alright, Clem? I didn't spin it too fast, right?" Tommy asked, a bit worried for his enchanted friend. "Yes, I think I am fine... The experience was... nothing like I was expecting..." Clementine muttered, and Tommy smiled.

    "After a little while, the dizziness will go away," Tommy said gently. Clementine muttered something, and then the elevator door opened. "Enjoy your lunch, Timothy!" Sam Noom said cheerfully, and Tommy smiled. "Thanks, Sam Nook!" Tommy said, then stepped out of the elevator as the doors closed. He looked around for Purpled and spotted him a moment later.

He smiled, then continued walking.