Chapter 73

Tommy was taken aback. "Wait, what?" He asked, a bit confused. "I asked if you saw that vigilante with a kid. And do you know his name? I'm getting tired of calling him "that vigilante with a red and white hoodie", so I would appreciate it." Phantom said with a small smile. Tommy thought for a moment. "Clem, do you think it would be safe to tell him my name?" Tommy silently asked them, hoping that they knew what he was thinking.

    "I think so. There is not much Phantom would be able to do with your name anyways. Almost every individual in District 17 knows your name." Clementine thoughtfully responded. Tommy internally nodded and thanked Clementine for helping him, and Clementine responded with a cheerful "You're welcome!".

    Tommy focused his gaze on Phantom. "The vigilante's name is TommyInnit. Almost everyone in the District knows his name or about him." Tommy said, and Phantom nodded. "And to answer your first question, you're not being very clear. I mean, he's a vigilante. It's literally part of his job to check on the kids in the alleyways. So he's with kids a lot." Tommy said, still confused.

    Phantom looked alarmed. "Wait, what do you mean? What kids in the alleyways?!!? Don't the kids there live in houses or apartments with their parents or family?!!?" Phantom said, clearly alarmed. Now Tommy was alarmed too. "Seriously? I live in District 17. It's a poor district, which means the parents feel too much stress. They then abandon their children and give them to the orphanages. But the orphanages are cruel. So the kids escape. They don't have anywhere else to go, so they live in the alleyways." Tommy explained bitterly, now even more confused. "I mean, how did you not know that?" Tommy asked. Phantom looked horrified and angry. "But they're kids!" He muttered, then went back to asking Tommy questions about TommyInnit.

    "Well, could you please tell me the last time you saw TommyInnit?" Phantom said, and Tommy tried not to laugh. "Wait, since I'm TommyInnit, does he mean when I last saw myself? Wait hold on for a second." Tommy thought, then quickly looked in the mirror on the wall behind him. He then turned after he caught a quick glance of what he currently looked like. "I just saw him a few seconds ago!" Tommy thought while grinning internally. Clementine laughed, then Tommy became serious.

    "Well, I saw him last night. We had a pretty pleasant conversation." Tommy said with a smile. Phantom thought for a second, then nodded. "You're probably wondering why I'm asking these questions out of nowhere." Phantom said, and Tommy nodded in response.

    "Well, my son has been kidnapped. We told the police, and the results from the forensics lab say that it was my ex-wife. She can be smart, but she has an IQ of 15. Someone had to help her, or at least tell her where I lived or tell her to do it." Phantom said, and laughed a bit when he talked about his ex-wife's IQ level.

    Tommy nodded, then realized what the situation was. Phantom's son had been kidnapped. He was probably devastated and burning with rage. "Well, what does he look like? And what's his name?" Tommy asked. "His name's Fundy. He has ginger-orangish hair, and brown-orangish eyes." Phantom said, and Tommy nodded. "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a kid like that recently..." Tommy thought to himself and furrowed his brows in concentration.

    "When did he get kidnapped?" Tommy asked. "Well, he got kidnapped on the same night when that stupid TommyInnit came to my house for the second time." Phantom muttered bitterly, then added something. "It happened last night..." Phantom said, and Tommy felt a twinge of sympathy.

    "Why would you think that TommyInnit is the culprit?" Tommy asked gently. Even though Phantom was a hero, he still felt a bit bad. "Well, it just happened on the same night TommyInnit gave another visit. Doesn't seem like much of a coincidence. And plus, he's a vigilante. They probably do shit like this every other day." Phantom said, and Tommy groaned internally and tried to keep his anger level down.

    "He's back to his usual shitty vigilante-hating self. AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD I HELP SOMEONE KIDNAP SOMEONE?!!? ESPECIALLY AN INNOCENT CHILD?!!?" Tommy thought angrily, and Clementine tried to reassure him. "Well, I didn't see him around one." Tommy said, trying not to make his voice too harsh. Phantom nodded and got up. "Well, that's all the information I needed. Thanks a lot for your time, Timothy." Phantom said with a smile, then walked out the door and closed it behind them.

    Tommy thought about what happened. He then got back to work and let Clementine out. They went back to hovering next to Tommy's bookshelf. They seemed pretty interested in it for some reason, and Tommy smiled. A while later, his phone rung, signaling that someone was calling him. He picked up his phone and answered the call. "Hello?" Tommy asked, and he heard Quackity's panicked voice from the other end.

"Tommy, there's an emergency!"