IN THE BEGINNING

Upper beings, a legion of immortal beings that created the universe and everything inside it.

Men have worshipped these beings since the early days of creation.

However, as millenniums elapsed men's faith on the upper beings decreased. This time was known as the Eza era. The Eza era was the most chaotic and unholy time.

Men forgot about their makers and instead, focused on the things that pleased the flesh.

It was a time unlike no other. This angered the upper beings and they were forced to come to the land of men. This was to exert revenge on all men and to restore order.

500 YEARS LATER
HENNA CITY, Pisces Harbor

The silver compass on his rough hand shone beautifully while he stared at the needle that kept moving round and round. His intense dark eyes, used to the spinning of the needle did not blink, his eyebrows knitted in worry.

"Nijahoeba! Quit staring at that compass and come help me pull out this net!" an old man with one wooden leg yelled from the ship's deck, while waving his dirty hands in the air.

Nijahoeba slowly closed the compass and shoved it inside the pocket of his old, brown trousers. He then walked towards the old man and began pulling the old handle round and round as the net rose from the dark blue water.

This was his daily job, to pull out the net and retrieve fish from the sea. He dreaded the job, taking pleasure in looking at the horizon and of course beautiful women which he seldomly encountered.

Something seemed to be pulling the net from below, no matter how hard Nijahoeba pulled the handle, the net would not rise.

"Stupid handle!" he cursed while pulling the handle more. "Odo! I can't...p...pull!" he yelled between gritted teeth when suddenly the handle broke.

His eyes opened wider in shock as the piece dropped to the floor, cutting him in the process. Crimson liquid began to seep from the small cut on his palm, causing him to wince.

"You broke my handle lad!" Odo, the old man yelled from behind in anger.

"The net would not rise!" Nijahoeba defended himself, tending his cut, "Something is inside the waters, a sea monster?"

"Sea monster?" laughed Odo. "Is that your excuse for not being strong enough to pull up the fish? Tell you what lad, go and collect the barrels and put them inside the cargo hold."

"Yes, sir!" Nijahoeba said quickly before leaving the ship. At least he did not have to pull up the net. There was nothing more dreading than that!

He began loading the barrels inside the cargo hold, as instructed by Odo. He took no time at all, lifting the heavy barrels and loading them within the old ship. Sweat glistened on his forehead while he took deep breaths, working as fast as he could.

The sudden loud sound of the Belle de silver filled the entire harbor as the beautiful and gigantic first-class ship set sail. Nijahoeba stopped to admire, narrowing his eyes and watching the beautiful beast sail away.

The Belle de silver was the famous ship that sailed across the world, it was bigger than any ship in the world and carried more than 50 000 passengers.

It was his wish to one day board the ship, hopefully when he was wealthy ,since only wealthy individuals could afford the Belle de silver. The wealthy and chosen ones to be precise.

As the ship sailed across the dark waters, Nijahoeba heard an unfamiliar voice of a woman yelling from behind.

He slowly turned around and saw a young, blonde woman running towards him, waving and yelling, "STOP THE SHIP!"

Realizing that she was missing the ship, Nijahoeba began waving and shouting as well, calling for the Belle de silver to stop. They were too late; the ship could not be recognized from the distance.

"NO!" cried the young woman while she let go of her bags. "NO! NO!"

Nijahoeba noticed the religious bracelets from her wrists that jiggled as she cursed. This caused his stomach to turn, his ears hearing every tinkle they made.

They looked familiar, he had seen them somewhere. The young woman wiped her tears before she sat on one of her bags.

The coastal breeze blew past her light blonde hair which was tied into a low bun, seemingly wiping her tears away. She sniffled, her eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

Sensing the presence of Nijahoeba, she looked up at him, "Do you perhaps know anyone who is sailing to Yada?" she asked him.

"Yada? Odo and I can take you to Yada as long as you can pay us." Nijahoeba quickly said, mesmerized by the beauty of the young woman.

The woman's face lit up and her blue eyes widen.

They then quickly narrowed and a suspicious expression filled her face. "How much will charge me?" she asked.

"Errh...2000 donnians." Nijahoeba slowly said, realizing how high the price was. He was surely ripping her off.

"2000? Really? You must be the cheapest sailor or illiterate!" she exclaimed in disbelief. "I will let you take me for 4000 at least, I can't take advantage of you people."

' You people ' only the nobles referred to sailors or anyone below them as that. She was a noble, he recognized. She must have been daughter to an important figure, if not one of the chosen.

As he began to help her carry her bags, he couldn't help but wonder, was he making a blunder? Could the nobles be trusted?

AUTHOR

-Welcome to the first chapter of this book! This scene was inspired by Titanic ( where my Titanic fans at?!) I hope you enjoyed it!! Don't forget to vote!!!