YOU CAN HAVE THE WORLD

“ Listen up here, Arina and the children are leaving for Bemah. We will join them, but not for the same reason. It is time to release an old friend, Heir Young Nijahoeba…and to exorcise him of the demon!” Captain Sulton spoke, before his crew.

“ Exorcise?!” asked one of the men.

“ Aye! I will drown him within the deep seas. According to the books I have been reading, that will separate men from beast. Once and for all!”

**

Tears ran down Arina’s  cheeks as she stared at the book in her hands.

Bethel suddenly appeared next to the door.

“ Mother,” she called out.

“ Yes my love?”

“ Is Diaz coming with us?” asked Bethel.

“ Of course my love,” Arina answered, never moving.

“ When we get to Bemah, can I get a goat?”

“ Anything you want my love, you can have the world as well.” Arina spoke coldly.

Bethel smiled shortly before walking away. Her footsteps faded, leaving nothing but silence behind.

Slowly , Arina wiped away her tears before looking at the gruesome drawings before her.

“ Forgive me my love,” she whispered.

“I never had a God Arina! I was never a believer.”

Her eyes widened. “What do you mean? How come you know so much about the believers? Sulli how did she see you?” she asked.

There was silence.

“Sailor,” she begged.

“Yada is no more.” He slowly said. “YOU angered your God and she punished everyone in your home island. Is that what you wanted? The future of men?”

Tears ran down her cheeks.

“Foolish is one to think they can go against the Upper beings.” He added.

Slowly, she put the book away and opened the drawer before her.

Her hand pulled out what remained of the silver compass that once belonged to Nijahoeba.

She held it between her hands and closed her eyes.