VENGEANCE

Pile of bones lay scattered on the dark waters as Naamah, sensed the presence of another Upper Being.

She immediately froze as the white, bigger beast appeared inside her cave.

" Sulli! To what do I owe this pleasure?"

" I am here to release you." Sulli answered,

" Release me? I do not need your assistance Sulli!!!"

" You do Naamah, you do." Sulli answered before she attacked Naamah.

" My believer, she reeks all over you! Where is she!"

" She is with the New God!" cried Naamah as Sulli ripped her into pieces.

" New God!" she screamed crazily as her voice echoed inside the whole island.

Her screams traveled the seas until they reached the ears of Nijahoeba who was asleep on the hammock.

His eyes peeled open and he took deep breaths, horrified by such anger.

That was when he realized that the lamp was still on and Arina was still awake. She sat up right, her eyes blank.

" Arina," he whispered but she didn't answer.

Swiftly, he jumped off the hammock and walked towards the small bunk.

She immediately turned to face him in fright!

" Is everything alright?" he asked as he sat down next to her.

" I can't sleep." She said flatly.

" Nightmares?"

" No. I can't feel the baby's heart beat anymore." She answered in worry.

" What if..." tears cascading down her cheeks.

" Shh," he hushed her.  He then placed his hand on her belly. " May I?"

" Of course,"

He closed his eyes and listened closely.

Peacefully, the heart beat was gentle but slow, as if the baby was coming to life again.

" And?"

" The baby is fine, I think she is tired...just like her mother." He answered with a forced smile.

She smiled back at him, relieved.

" Everything will be alright Arina.

I promise you. The three of us will be happy together."

He then kissed her forehead and whispered softly, " You need to rest."

" Good night Nijahoeba."

" Good night Arina."