NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE MY SOUL AWAY

"When the compass breaks, the promise you made would be broken. They will all come for you Nijahoeba,"

Memories of Arina screaming crazily as he pulled her out of the water returned. "Arina open your eyes!" he had yelled while shaking her. "Arina!"

The approaching footsteps pulled Nijahoeba out of his thoughts as Odo sat down opposite him.

He then handed him a small book. Nijahoeba slowly took it and looked at the opened page.

A white beast with eight eyes was drawn. "Sulli, she is the Upper being responsible for healing. She creates plagues and also heals, depending on how she feels. She carries a gourd on her back which, when angry pours into the world in order to create plagues." Odo spoke.

Nijahoeba stared at the drawing in anger.

" You went against  an Upper Being, a god! Nijahoeba...no one has ever done that."  Odo continued. "I don't which is more terrifying, an angry god or a man who escaped the wrath of one, you stole her believer."

Nijahoeba said nothing, his jaws clenched in anger.

"The lass...we cannot keep her here forever. We cannot afford to provide for her. This boat is not a suitable place for her." Odo continued.

"I can work here with you."

Arina's voice said from the door.

They both turned to face her.

"I will do whatever work there is on the ship, please." she spoke, standing near the cabin door, wearing Nijahoeba's oversized clothes.

"Arina...the Upper being, when she finds you..." Nijahoeba argued.

"Upper beings do not chase their believers. She will not come for me." She quickly said. "I promise,"

A sigh escaped Odo's lips. "We cannot risk it, the price is too high girly," 

"You cannot just leave me out at sea!" Arina argued. "I beg of you, please!"

"I'm sorry but it is what is it. I will be generous, you will part ways with us at the next stop. That is the least I can do for you."

"I understand," she whispered, nodding quickly. "Thank you sir,"

Odo then rose from his chair and headed out, leaving Arina and Nijahoeba alone.

The sound of his wooden leg hitting the floor slowly faded until it was no more. Nijahoeba then cleared his throat.

"I do not wish to cause you and Odo any trouble. I hope you understand." Arina slowly said.

There was no response from Nijahoeba.

"Sailor..."

"The future of men that you spoke of, tell me about it," Nijahoeba began as he looked at her. "What does this future look like?" there was curiosity in his eyes.

Arina blinked before slowly opening her mouth.

"It is something my grandfather believed in. Men can one day overthrow the Upper beings. It was the only way to liberate ourselves from what he referred to as 'bondage'. It was his mission, and also mine."

"Is that the reason you defied your God? For just a belief?" he asked.

She nodded. "It is my dream as well, to save the world from the cruel beings."

"Is that why you allowed your God to bless you? In order to use her gift against her?"

"Why such questions sailor? Tell me, who are you really" she asked, shifting the questions to him.

"Nijahoeba, my name is Nijahoeba." He answered.

"Does this Nijahoeba not have any history?"

"No, I abandoned it years ago." He answered. "For a good reason also."