BURDEN

" Mother look what we drew!" Bethel yelled as she showed Arina some scribbles.

" Is that a ship?" asked Arina.

" Yes," she answered with a smile. " Leonard helped me,"

" Oh is that so?" asked Arina.

" Hhm-hm!" Leonard nodded.

" Oh this is beautiful! I love it," Arina said before kissing them both.

**
" Has your father seen it?"

" Yes, he said that it is beautiful."

The faint voices could be heard as Nijahoeba walked out of the front door and closed it behind. The sun had set and stars had appeared. The houses began lighting their lambs as he walked down the empty street.

He passed the pirate filled bar. Jolly music played as loud laughter were heard as well. Some could be seen singing and dancing while drinking beer.

A sad expression filled his face as he watched them. He then turned to look up at the dark sky.

" It is not too late to turn back," Captain Sulton's voice said from behind.

" Sulton!" Nijahoeba said as he turned to face him.

" The burden is too much now lad. It is alright to take a break."

" I cannot. The world needs..."

" The world is wicked! With or without the Upper Beings." Interrupted Captain Sulton.

" All four moons have passed now Sulton. Whether I like it or not, I have to fight. I beg of you, borrow me your men," begged Nijahoeba.

" Absolutely not! You want me to send my own men to certain death?!"

" Sulton..."

" No lad, no! I cannot! I have lost enough men in your presence. Unless you can resurrect them like you did with Arina...no!"

" You do not understand. If I don't do something, men, even you will not be free."

" Men were never free. Even before the Upper Beings decided to descend. I hate to say this but think about it, what did men do with their freedom? They did the biggest of sins. Lad, trust me, we are not worth freeing." Explained Captain Sulton.

" If what you are saying is right then, why did you help me kill your god?" Nijahoeba asked.

" ...because I am corrupt. Just like everyone. What makes you think that these people won't turn on you and decide to end you just like Arina and I did?"

" I..."

" Arina is my daughter. That is why I chose you instead of Aqah. For the happiness of my child." Captain Sulton said.

Nijahoeba's eyes opened in shock. He could not believe what he had heard!

" Exorcise the demon Nijahoeba. Get it out of you. Your family needs you." His footsteps then faded as he walked away.