WRATH OF THE GODS

Vultures circled the sky, some already devouring the fleshes of the dead. Hunter limped amongst the ruins, looking for the New God. Heavy breaths left his lips as he held his left rib, blood staining his hand.

He jumped over the large pieces of what used to be houses, feeling pain every time he moved.

Sweat ran down his forehead as he tripped over some steel rods and  stumbled into some bricks. A loud cry left his lips as he trembled, seeing the blood rush out of his ribs.

“ Arrh!”

**
“ If I let Leonard go to Bemah, will he be safe?”

“ Bemah is the biggest city in the world, flourishing with its rich history in languages, Geometry and Art. A young man like Leonard will surely be successful, as long as he has his mother besides him.”

“ I cannot leave home!” she argued.

“ Arina, Forget about the past. This is your time to live again. Do what you have always wanted to do.”

“ I cannot set foot in that city! My husband’s remains are displayed before the masses!”

“ You, out of everyone knows what he would have wanted. He wouldn’t want you to be unhappy and bitter towards his death. It is time to let go of the past.” He said.

“ What about you?” she asked him. “ Where will you go?”

“ The sea is my domain, I will take care of Arina until there is no one left but my men.”

Her blue eyes stared at the sky, tears cascading to the side of her face. She dared to move, not even when the vultures devoured the arm of the young boy that she still held onto.

It was over, even after everything she had done to protect her family, she was alone. Just like she used to be, before she met Nijahoeba.  Nothing was going to fix the pain now. Nothing was going to bring pain to her anymore.

“ Burn them all! Everyone of the living mortals. It is time to end this creation!” Mena's voice could be heard before screams followed.

Njiro, Who had risen from the rubble began to burn every one of the surviving mortals.

Arina awaited for her fate. It was over.