LEARNING TO UNDERSTAND

The golden flames of the fire burned bright as Nijahoeba stared at them.

" When I was a child, my grandfather Reece would feed me tales of how the world would be when the New God awaken. Everything was so fascinating, the exact opposite of reality." Arina's voice began.

" You should sleep, everyone is asleep as it is." Nijahoeba spoke.

" You're not their responsibility Nijahoeba. Let them head for Iloro, you and I have to get to Tampah." She continued.

" The New God is not in Iloro, you and I both know that. How can I deceive them like that?"

" What are you going to do then? We can't possibly take them with us!" she argued.

" I don't know."

" I will kill them for you if you cannot." Arina spoke coldly.

Nijahoeba turned to face her in shock!

" Arina..."

" Everyone who mentions the name of the New God disgusts me! How do they expect you to kill all the Upper Beings?!" she continued. " Let them all believe in their God! Let them kill themselves!"

" I am the New God!" he argued back. " Do I disgust you too?"

" You're not a God, you're my husband."

" You sound just like your father, always pushing me around. Weren't you the one who encouraged me to go ahead with this? When you decided to turn against Sulli, and push that boat into the water..."

" Nijahoeba!" she cried and slapped him.

There was silence afterwards.

" I am sorry. Please Forgive me." He begged.

" No, Forgive me for doing this to you." She then rose to her feet. " I wish Odo was here instead of me. He would know what to do." Before walking away.