POWER STRUGGLE

As Nijahoeba walked down the narrow passage, he passed two men carrying thick ropes. 

A solemn expression filled their faces.

" Such a beautiful lass, it is a pity Captain doesn't think so!" one of the men complained.

The second one gave him a piercing look as they passed Nijahoeba.

The words brought panic to Nijahoeba who suddenly remembered that Arina and Captain Sulton were arch enemies. It was only a matter of time before she was tossed into the sea, judging by his nature, Captain Sulton was a ruthless man. 

"Normal man? Is that what you want to be? A normal man doesn't save a believer from an angry GOD, they don't survive the clutches of a beast, they don't take care of women! Is that what you want to be? a power thirsty, ruthless and dangerous man? The sort that kill women and children?" 

Arina's words suddenly returned.

He found himself turning back to Arina's chamber. He couldn't let them get rid of her, he had known her for already and truth be told , he was fascinated by her. He was going to protect her. 

His footsteps echoed as he heard grunting voices. He walked down the stairs until he reached the prison chamber.

Two men were tying Arina's hands as she struggled.

She used her legs to kick the man before her and he moved backwards.

She kicked him again, this time he fell down. Nijahoeba quickly grabbed the second man and punched him across the face.

Blood left his lips as he fell down.

Arina turned to face him in shock! Her blonde hair fell over her face in wild waves , her blue eyes filled with fear.

"Come, let's go." He ordered.

A smile appeared on Arina's face as she followed Nijahoeba up the narrow stairs. 

***

"CAPTAIN! THE LASS HAS ESCAPED!" one man barged inside Captain Sulton's office.

He rose from his seat in shock and walked out, following the man. 

When they reached the top deck, they noticed that one of the smaller ships had sailed away from the rest of the fleet.

"Where is Nijahoeba?" asked Captain Sulton.

"He is gone too." Answered one of his men.

Captain Sulton's nostrils flared  as he stared at the disappearing ship.

He raised his hands and a wave immediately rose, heading for the astray ship.

Rain fell from the dark sky as Nijahoeba noticed a wave approaching.

"Wave!" he yelled while trying to steer the ship. Arina helped him. The ship rocked viciously back and forth as they held onto the wheel. The weather changed instantly, dark clouds gathering above them . 

"WE WON'T MAKE IT IN THIS BOAT!" yelled Arina.

The wave grew closer and finally drowned the ship, dragging it deeper into the sea.

Arina held onto Nijahoeba as he swam away, avoiding the sharp materials that were once a ship.