AWAKENING TO NOTHING

Her blue eyes peeled open as the sun's light dazzled her.

She rose her left hand over her face, shielding her face from the harsh light.

Her right palm suddenly felt a cold piece of metal on it.

She rose it to her face and stared at the pendant. She then clicked it open and stared at the blonde woman who closely resembled her.

Her forehead wrinkled as she looked at the young baby on the other side.

Tears clouded her vision as she squeezed it passionately close to her chest.

Slowly, she rose from the bed and walked towards the exit. The white long dress that she wore hung loosely on her slim body.

She walked out into the narrow passage, holding onto the wall. Her eyes blinked as she heard voices coming from one of the rooms.

She quickly pushed the door open and the first thing she saw were colorful scribbles of piece of papers on the floor.

Some had big and small colorful hand prints. Her eyes then rose and she saw Diaz seated on a chair before a small desk.

He was not alone, a little boy with blonde hair and black eyes was sitting on the floor, painting some papers.

" Miss Arina!!" Diaz said in shock as he turned to face her. " You're awake!"

" Miss Arina?" the little boy said in confusion as he looked up at Arina.

" Yes Leonard, this is your mother."

Arina's eyes opened in shock as Diaz rose from his seat and picked up Leonard. He walked towards her and handed him to her.

" This is your son, Leonard."

Tears cascaded down Arina's cheeks as she picked up Leonard and held him tightly.

" I thought that he was a girl," she whispered, hugging him close to her chest.

" You were right, there is a girl as well. You have twins." Diaz answered with a smile.

" Twins?" asked Arina in shock.

Diaz nodded, " Come, let's go."

Arina followed the old artist as they walked towards one of the cabins.

" How long have I been dead?"

" A full year." Diaz answered.

After that, he pushed one of the doors open and walked inside the cabin.

The painting of the horizon caught her eyes.

" Arina?!"

" Nijahoeba?!"

The handsome man with dark eyes and a small moustache walked towards her, carrying a little girl in his arms.

" Forgive me," she cried, hugging and kissing him passionately. He caught his breath and broke free from her kiss and hug.

" You were never at fault my love," He said gently before taking Leonard from her hands and giving her the girl.

" Her name is Bethel,"

" Bethel?" she asked.

" Yes, a warship." Answered Nijahoeba.

" Leonard is named after a famous artist," Diaz added.

Arina looked at the little girl who was asleep. It was as if she sensed her because her dark eyes peeled open halfway before they closed again.

" Diaz, father, Miss Arina!" Leonard yelled happily.

" Miss Arina is your mother," Nijahoeba told him.

" Mother?"

" Yes,"

The little boy smiled shyly.