JOURNEY TO THE PAST

"Sleep now my son, for your mom has come, sleep now my little lad for the new God has come. She will make the land green again, you will smile again for the new God has come,"

The voice of Nijahoeba's mother sang as Nijahoeba stared at the ceiling, memory of the religious bracelets around his mother's wrist came back.

How peaceful nights had been back during those days. When he was a little child.

The beautiful memories were replaced with bitterness when he sank deeper into the memories.

Men and women in red robes appeared, each of them carrying candles. His mother, their leader was amongst them.

He quickly shook the memory from his head and sat upright. The lamp shone gently in the dark, his shadow on the walls.

His shadow slowly disappeared and figures appeared on the wall. A shadow of woman in a long dress danced gracefully before turning into a bird.

Nijahoeba stared in the shadow in disbelief and amazement! The bird flapped its wings and flew, turning into a familiar figure that raced for Nijahoeba and disappeared before it could get to him.

The figure of Sulli, the healer.

He let out a deep gasp, his heart pounding fast. There was anger felt as well...but why? Why did the Upper being provoke him so much?

The urge to kill Sulli was uncontrollable.

His hand reached for the compass that was on the drawer beside him. He felt the cold metal on his palm as he lifted it up to his face.

"Here, take this. Just in case this does not happen correctly...keep it with you, let it be a reminder. Let it lead you." His mother had said as she handed the compass to sixteen-year-old Nijahoeba

"When the compass breaks, the promise you made would be broken. They will all come for you Nijahoeba,"

"I won't break the promise mother, no matter what!" he concluded as will burned through his veins.

He knew what he needed to do next. In order to not break the promise...

His grip on the compass tightened as he jumped off the small bed and wore his t-shirt.

His footsteps echoed softly along the dark passage as he walked inside Arina's room.

Even from the darkness, he could see clearly. He moved closer to the bunk, where Arina was sleeping.

His face tensed as he looked at the young woman who was fast asleep. She needed to leave! No matter what! He had already provoked Sulli by taking her , by saving her from her doom. The longer she stayed with them, the more dangerous, Odo was already suspicious as it was. 

His hands shook terribly as he began picking her up, hopefully, when she woke up she would be washed away by the waves from the ship.

He just could not risk what would unfold, should she stay longer. The compass suddenly slipped from his hands and hit the floor, setting a tinkling sound.

Arina's blue eyes immediately opened and her hand reached for a blade under the pillow.

Quickly, she ran the sharp blade across Nijahoeba's neck, blood gushing none stop. He moved backwards and fell on his back.

The lamp went on and Arina gasped, realizing that she had hurt him.

"Sailor!" she whispered as she jumped off the bed and knelt down before him.

His dark eyes stared at her in shock and anger. He was angry, he should have killed her first! 

Arina's hand quickly touch his bleeding throat and the wound slowly closed itself.

The pain started to go away too, Nijahoeba could not believe it. She was helping him.

Even from the darkness, there seemed to be light amongst them. It felt as though they were in a green rainforest, birds chirping all around them.

They were not alone though. A giant figure stood above them, seemingly covering them.

Nijahoeba's heart, Arina saw that it was connected to the beast above them. She slowly looked up and met its eyes.

"Arina..." Nijahoeba whispered, pulling her out of his soul.

She let go of his throat quickly and gasped for air.

Her eyes opened wider, shock and fear overwhelming her.