I SEE

“ Why did you spare me?” the man asked, watching the sky as the rain poured.

“ You are one of them, the people that I have come for.” Nijahoeba answered, sitting up right.

“ Come for?”

“ Get up now, your people are leaving.” Nijahoeba said as the man rose to his feet, stared down at the mysterious man who had spared him.

“ T…thank you!” he said before running down the thick and tall grass.

Nijahoeba did not answer as he looked up at the stars and wondered, was he even worthy to be called a god?

**
Steam evaporated from the kettle as Arina froze, her eyes on the wall.

“ Everything alright Miss Arina?” the old man asked as he entered the small kitchen.

“ Diaz! You gave me a fright!” she said, releasing herself from her deep thoughts. “ You wanted tea, yes?”

“ Of course.” Diaz spoke in worry. “ Let me help you.”

“ Are you sure? You are the guest and…”

“ Miss Arina, I insist. Shepstone did not send me here to relax. I have to take care of you until they return.” He said as he grabbed two mugs.

**
The orange sun slowly appeared as Shepstone and his men along with Nijahoeba rode across a field of green grass.

“ The world is such a large place. How are we supposed to deliver it? How am I supposed to save men?” Nijahoeba asked Shepstone along the way.

“ Things were supposed to be easier once you turned to an Upper Being. Since you are a man, we are bound to enter the temple of space where we will destroy the Guardian of Gates, Zusara.” Shepstone answered.

“ An Upper Being? How can we possibly…”

“ You will have to transform. There is no other way. We need the power of Zusara if we want to banish all the beings from this world.” Shepstone said.

Nijahoeba nodded slowly although he was reluctant of the idea.

“ You cannot run away from your destiny my brother. Tell me, to form the New God, which power from the gods was combined.”

“ They could only steal five.” Nijahoeba answered.

“ Aweosis, Mena, Suyo, Kalil and Sulli.”

“ Aweosis? My God too?” asked Shepstone.

“ Yes, the believer before you gave the power away.”

A shocked and horrified expression filled Shepstone’s face.

He began to view him as a thief! He had stole his God’s power! But still…Aweosis had forgiven him, but why?

This reminded Shepstone of a conversation he had had with Aweosis, two years ago after they had found Arina and Nijahoeba.

“ This man, he possesses the power of a demon! Why have you spared him?!” Shepstone asked his god.

“ It is not a demon, it is a power that I and other Upper Beings have. He has the power of a god, the New God.” Aweosis replied, two of his hands balancing his blades.

“ I do not understand! How?”

“ There is a New Upper Being before us my child.” Aweosis concluded.

“ I see,” he finally said with a smile.

“ You see?” asked Nijahoeba. “ What do you see?”

“ Everything Nijahoeba, everything.”