HUSH NOW,

Rain fell upon the sea, waves gently rocking the ship which Arina and her family had boarded.

Even from inside, they could feel the movement, forcing Bethel to roll her thin body close to Leonard’s.

She hated storms. They reminded her of the day she lost her father.

As young as she was, she still remembered the tall man with long black hair and a small moustache, who used to rock them to sleep.

He was always there for them, picking her up for her to see the world.

It was all a faint memory but she was never going to forget his last yell. The raining weather reminded her of the exact moment.

It was dull.

“ She never talks about father. What do you think happened to him?” her mouth spoke.

“ What are ye talking about?” Leonard asked.

“ Father, we had a father…remember?” she said.

“ He died.” He answered. “ Why won’t ye accept that?”

“ How? How did he die?!”

“ Bethel, I think ye should let it go.” He reasoned.

“ I do not want to!” Bethel argued, her voice rising. “ I cannot !”

There was no response from Leonard.

“ Leonard,” she whispered.

“ Mmh?”

“ Boo!” she scared him.

“ Stop it! You don’t want me to tell mother do you?”

She giggled before closing her eyes slowly. A smile appeared on Leonard’s face as he closed his eyes too.

The ship rocked them, sending them to their sleep.