LIGHT

The gentle breeze blew by as Captain Sulton poured some beer onto his glass. Slowly and carefully, he rose the glass over his face and gobbled up the beverage. He then placed the glass down and groaned softly.

" How long do we have to keep watching you do this Sulton?!" Arina finally spoke.

" Eternity," he answered, " Going to Tampah will kill you both."

" You don't know that for sure," Nijahoeba spoke.

" Ayy! Go on your own then! Find another ship because Cassidy is not sailing anywhere near the South!"

" Coward!" hissed Arina.

" Hey watch your tongue young girly!" snapped Captain Sulton.

" Or what? You're going to find me another pair of foster parents? Is that it?" Arina asked.
" Arina..." Nijahoeba begged.

" No! Let your wife talk! Go on! Remind me that I have been nothing but a horrible father,"
There was silence afterwards.

" Very well Sulton we will use the inland route then, Arina, come let's go." Nijahoeba said as he turned away from Sulton and walked away. Arina looked at Captain Sulton before following her husband.

**
TAMPAH, Ring of gladiators

" Four moons have long passed, where is this New God?! Coward! He is a coward! What a disappointment, I was hoping to rip him apart with my bare hands!!" The beast behind the gate spoke.

" Nobody could ever go against you my Lord, not even this New God," Enah answered.

" Mmh! I am utterly disappointed! Tell me Enah, do you believe in the New God?"

" I...no my Lord!"

" Why not? Are you not a man? He is sent to deliver you after all?" Lushantras, the beast asked.

" Nobody can ever deliver us, not if we do not want to. I am not bound by anything. I am living and serving my true purpose. To serve an Upper Being," she answered.

" Comforting words you used there mortal! So wise, unlike your brothers and sisters who are blinded by the phrase New God, Deliverer of men!"

" You will never deliver what isn't bound." She said.

" ...because the true chains are your tiny brains! They are the only prison that you can never escape." Concluded Lushantras as Enah stared at the red eyes from behind the gates.