DARK CLOUDS

Heavy rain fell upon the small town as Sulton men patrolled the town, looking for any sign of the New God. He looked through the golden binoculars now and again, the rain drenching his red coat.

" What happened to your wounds? I was sure that you were shot." Diaz asked Arina as he poured some whiskey onto his glass. 

" I healed." She answered while  fixing her hair , looking at her reflection on the glass of the beer shelves.

Her eyes looked tired and dull.

" I see, you should rest. For the baby's sake."

" Don't say that out loud Diaz." She said, hushing him.

" Why?"

" I don't want anyone to know..."

Suddenly, the ground began to shake as she turned to face Diaz.

" Could it be Aweosis?" Diaz asked in fear.

" Only one way to find out." She answered as she walked out of the empty bar and into the rainy streets.

Sulton men had already gathered, cannons before them.

" He's coming!!" yelled one man.

" What's going on?" she asked one of the men.

" Stay back Miss, you'll get hurt."

A loud roar was heard as everyone braced themselves.

The sky was grey and dark and rain poured heavily. From the darkness, Nijahoeba appeared, removing anything in his sight.

" NIJAHOEBA!!!" Arina yelled as all the cannons fired at him.

He moved backwards before charging in again.

" You should not be here miss!"

" Get out of my way!" she yelled as she pulled out his gun from his holster and shot his chest.

The man fell to his fate while she ran passed the cannons, heading for Nijahoeba.

" Hold your fires!" ordered Captain Sulton.

He then ran passed the cannons, heading for Nijahoeba.

The beast's claw raced for Arina but Sulton summoned some water shield and shielded Arina from the claw.

She moved backwards and feel down.

" Fire!!" Captain ordered as cannons fired at the beast while a dome made of water covered Arina and Captain Sulton.

Nijahoeba roared in anger , behind the smoke.

" Exorcise? Is this your way of exorcising him?" Arina asked Captain Sulton.

" We have to tire out the beast first!"

" You're crazy!" she yelled as she pointed the flintlock pistol at him.

" What are you doing?!" He asked in shock.

" Tell your men to stand down Sulton!"

" No!"

" Do it! Or I blow your brains out!" she ordered.

" Hold your fires!!" yelled Captain Sulton.

" Take down this shield!"

" He will devour you!" he argued.

" I won't ask again bastard!"

The shield went down and Arina rose to her feet and walked towards Nijahoeba.

The beast roared and half of its face appeared from the smoke. She reached out her hand and touched the skeletal jaw. She could see him from deep within, he was scared , confused and angry. 

Her palms felt the rough surface as she looked into its hollow black eyes. They looked at her blankly, just like Nijahoeba did, and she found comfort in them, a single tear running down her cheek. 

" It's me, Arina." Whispered and the beast began to dissipate, revealing Nijahoeba.

He knelt down on his knees and she hugged him, almost knocking him over.

" Arina," he whispered softly as she moved the strands of hair from his face and kissed him.

" Forgive me!" she cried, hugging him tightly.

" Shepstone...I devoured him!" he cried too, his face a shade of red.