BRING ME TO LIFE

“ The woman, make sure that she does not leave Ghima. She is carrying something much more important. The Upper Beings may have Nijahoeba but not the woman. Are we clear Diaz?”
Shepstone spoke to the old artist.

“ Of course Shepstone. I shall protect her. She will not leave Ghima.”

The old memory returned to Diaz who sat before his recent painting.

The smell of paint lingered in the room as he stared at the drawing of young children with dark eyes.
What if he had been wrong all along?

What if Aweosis never intended to devour Arina?

“ Diaz!” Bethel yelled as she walked inside the  room. She span around before hugging the old artist from behind, kissing his balding head.

“ Bethel! How are you darling?”

“ I am well. Oh! Children!” she said, pointing at the painting. “ There are so many of them!”

“ Well of course! I am starving, would you be so kind as to offer me a cup of tea and some biscuits?” Diaz spoke, diverging the attention away from his drawings.

“ Very well! I shall prepare breakfast for Diaz!” she said before letting go of him and walking away.

A sigh escaped Diaz’s lips as he let go of the painting brush. Why was the past haunting him after so many years ?

Why now? Was he stressing over nothing?