WINTER

Two weeks later…

The cold winter breeze blew across the cold Dena Ocean, leaving nothing but frost on the Ship's deck.

Nijahoeba sneezed as he walked down the narrow passage, heading inside one of the cabins.

“ Arina,” he said as he looked around the empty small cabin.

His forehead tensed as he turned around and began to look for her.

He passed one of the cabins and heard Arina’s voice talking inside.

Slowly, he walked inside the halfway opened cabin and found his wife seated before one of the men in the ship.

“ Arina,”

“ Nijahoeba, I heard that he was sick and I thought that I should help him.” She answered with a smile.

“ She healed me!” cried the man in joy. “ The fever is gone mate!”

“ See?” Arina said as she rose to her feet.

“ I see,” Nijahoeba slowly said as he moved out of the way and allowed Arina to walk out.

He then walked out and followed her.

“ Is Sulton dead yet?” Arina asked as she walked inside their cabin.

“ Of course not.” Nijahoeba answered as he sniffed.

“ Well that’s a pity!” she said as she sat down on the small bed and looked at Nijahoeba.

“ There’s a strong flu within the ship. I’ve healed more than ten men already. Two have almost died and I’m afraid the numbers will rise.”

“ Flu?” asked Nijahoeba  in shock.

“ Yes, you have to report this to Sulton, tell him to make a stop at the nearest land. More men will die at sea if he doesn’t.” she answered.

“ You want me to talk to that man?” he asked.

“ He seems to like you better than anyone in here.”

“ Alright then, I will. Let me see him right away.” He concluded before walking out of the cabin.