RAIN DROP AND ROSES

Wind blew Arina’s hair as she stared at the beautiful city before her. Bemah, they had arrived!

Tears clouded her vision as she thought about Nijahoeba. If only he was here, with them!

“ Forgive me my love, I can not free you, at least not at the expense of our children.” She whispered before pulling out the silver compass that she had fixed.

“ Rest in peace,” she continued before throwing the compass into the deep waters.

Sulli was right, a sacrifice had to be made. It was time to let go of the past, to let go of Nijahoeba.

Bethel and Leonard needed her more. They were what she had that would remind her of her love for Nijahoeba.

She then carefully wiped away her tears before calling out, “ Come on children! Let us take our bags and prepare for our new life!”

Bethel ran towards the cabins quickly and Leonard followed her, almost bumping Diaz over who was heading up to the deck.

“ Careful!” Diaz laughed before walking towards Arina, carrying some of his bags.

“ Diaz!”

“ Arina,” he said. “ I know that this is hard for you, do not forget that I am here for you. What ever decision you make.”

“ Decision?”

“ Should this be not a friendly visit. I know that you still want to see him.” He answered.

“ Diaz! What could I possibly be without you? You have taken care of me back when these children were inside my womb. No wonder, Bethel loves you so much! Do not worry, I have decided to let him rest. If anything, he deserves to.” She spoke before turning to face the teenage girl and boy who appeared on the deck, carrying their belongings.

“ It is time to let go,”

Diaz nodded. He understood her, in fact, he felt the same way.
Rain drops began to fall from the sky, and a thick sheet of mist suddenly began to cover the harbor.

“ We should get going now.” He said before walking away from Arina.

Arina smiled shortly before following Diaz.