IT STARTS WITH WORDS

Ten year old Nijahoeba sat on the door steps of his home while watching three teenagers fetching water from the well.

One of them turned to face him before waving.

" Come over here!" he said.

Nijahoeba quickly jumped on to his feet and ran towards them.

" Hello there, what is your name?" the first boy asked.

" Nijahoeba," he answered.

" Nijahoeba? What kind of name is that?" asked the second girl.

" My mother said that it is a name of a ship."

" Ship? Wonderful!" the girl said as she pulled his cheek playfully.

" Hurry, we have to be at the temple before noon." The boy said as he picked up his wooden bucket.

" Temple? What happens at the temple?" asked Nijahoeba.

The three teenagers exchanged looks.

" Tell him," the first boy said in a flat tone.

" But isn't he..."

" I'm receiving the power for your mother." The girl quickly said.

She then picked up her bucket. " See you later Nijahoeba."

" Bye-bye!!" Nijahoeba waved at the teenagers as they walked away.

That was the last time he ever saw the girl.

It was as if she had vanished and the two remaining boys became sad and no longer called him when they were at the well.

The harsh waves rocked the small boat that Nijahoeba paddled, pulling him out of his dull thoughts.

He continued to paddle against the waves, his eyes seeing Sulton's ship disappear into the dark and distance.

" Forgive me Arina," he whispered softly.

Suddenly, from behind, a large scaley and webbed claw appeared and sank Nijahoeba along with his boat.

Darkness was all he could see as Aqah's rage could be heard from within.

" New Godddd!"

" Aqah?" Nijahoeba thought as he felt movement around him.

Strong currents suddenly pushed him deeper into the see as he let them.

" You steal the power of gods, you turn men against us, you devour one of us, tell me...are you the Lord of chaos?" Aqah asked, his voice coming from all directions.

Images of people going to war against their gods formed from the waters.

" You are the doom of men."

Nijahoeba closed his eyes but could not transform. His forehead wrinkled, why wasn't he transforming?

" If there is anything I have learnt from all this is, you have to be a thief if you wish to live longer."

Nijahoeba's eyes shot open. What did Aqah mean?

" I will devour you New God!"

A large mouth with fangs appeared before him as Nijahoeba began to swim backwards in shock and horror.

Suddenly, Sulton appeared from nowhere and grabbed Nijahoeba before swimming away from Aqah's mouth.

They both resurfaced from the water as Nijahoeba coughed out water from his mouth.

" Sulton, you shouldn't be here!"

"  Would you rather I let you die? Never!" Captain Sulton spoke. " I have seen the worst of men but you lad, you've got what we all don't got."

" I can't transform!" cried Nijahoeba.

" Screw it, then you and I are going to kill him either ways! Come now!" Captain Sulton spoke before swimming back into the waters with Nijahoeba.

Aqah roared as he reached for them but Captain Sulton separated the sea.

Aqah's shadow appeared at the wall of the water. Nijahoeba moved backwards as his pupil began to spread throughout his eyes.

" Come and face me NEW GOD!!" Aqah roared loudly.

" Aaaaaah!!" screamed Nijahoeba.

" Nijahoeba lad, you have to let him out!" Captain Sulton yelled.

" I'm trying!!"

" Nobody is going to protect Arina should you die. I will get rid of the lass if you lose."

Captain Sulton yelled as the wall began to wear down.

" You betrayed me Sulton. All for what exactly? A weak God? How amusing!!" laughed Aqah.

" I will devour you Aqah!!!!" Nijahoeba yelled as he ran for Aqah while the water wall broke down.

Aqah snatched Nijahoeba and threw him inside his mouth.