TRUST ME

“ My Love,” Arina appeared, dressed in a red robe, carrying a new born baby.

Nijahoeba walked towards her as she handed the baby to him. “ Your gift.” She said as he took the baby and opened his mouth wide.

He began to eat the baby, its cries filling the whole temple.

“ Yes, it’s who you really are. A God.”

Shepstone’s words echoed in his head as his eyes peeled open, revealing nothing but darkness.

Sweat ran down his face as he shook terribly. Realizing that it was a nightmare, Nijahoeba began to breathe.

His chest rose and fell as he looked around the room and saw the other men asleep.

It was still raining outside and the smell of soil filled the air.

Slowly, he rose to his feet and walked towards the door. He slowly opened it and met the beautiful view of stars.

The night, it was beautiful just as he remembered.

The sudden movement within the dark alerted Nijahoeba as he saw figures in the dark, jumping from building to building.

His eyes narrowed as he slowly closed the door and began to walk to the others.

“ Shepstone,” he whispered, shaking his friend along with the other men. “ We are being watched.”

Suddenly an arrow entered the top window as all the men took their weapons.

“ Nijahoeba.” The ginger haired man said as he handed him a sword. “ For you.”

Nijahoeba nodded before they all prepared for battle.

“ Attack!” Shepstone yelled as he led the men out of the building into the dark.

Arrows greeted them as Shepstone pushed them away with a force of wind.

His hands danced around as he moved every weapon away.

“ Aina!!!” the foreign female voice yelled as the dust settled.

A cinnamon colored women landed before them, bow in hand.

“ Why are you here? What are your intentions?” Shepstone asked her.

“ We want your horses, gold and silver and a slave to return home.” The woman answered.

“ Not everyone shelters under an Upper Being you see.” Her eyes on the religious bracelets around Shepstone’s wrist.

After those words, the bandits attacked Nijahoeba and everyone else.

Arrows flew in the air as Shepstone blew them away with his force. A battle occurred.

Nijahoeba swang his sword, slashing the foreign men who seemed to jumped out of nowhere.

The weapon felt stiff on his hands and that worried him. He could not use it properly.

Shepstone seemed to sweep the men like dirt, letting them pile on each other.

Puddles rose in the air as Nijahoeba ran down the grass, sword at hand.

Arrows followed him as he dodged them and fell down.
His grip on the sword loosened as he groaned.

His eyes opened and he quickly rose to his knees when suddenly a man jumped down before him.

Nijahoeba raised the sword at him but only left a cut on his chest.

“ Useless!” the man roared as he kicked Nijahoeba so hard he flew into the air before landing on his back.

Rain poured heavily as he groaned, hearing the man walk towards him.

His sword was gone. He was vulnerable.

“ Do not struggle, your death is near.” The man spoke as he reached his hand to touch Nijahoeba.

Nijahoeba held his hand and twisted it before kicking his abdomen.

A loud cry left the man’s lips as Nijahoeba pulled him onto him and strangled him.

The man resisted, coughing and trying to breath. Nijahoeba tightened his grip as the man cried out bitterly.

He was in pain!

Nijahoeba let him go quickly and he fell down beside him and began to breathe.

His chest rose and fell as he struggled to talk.

**
“ Retreat!!” the woman yelled, seeing her men lose.

She then began to run from one building to the other.

“ She is getting away?!” yelled one of Shepstone’s men.

“ Let them. We shall spare them.” Shepstone ordered, watching the men retreat.