GHIMA, THE LAND OF AWEOSIS

Nijahoeba slowly opened his eyes and saw nothing but sand.

A warm breeze blew by as he rose from the sand and looked around for any sign of Arina.

Vultures circled the grey sky as he walked across the dessert heading to the familiar figure on the sand.

"Arina!" he yelled as he ran towards Arina who was lying on the sand.

"Arina!" he yelled as he knelt down before her and shook her.

A gasp escaped Arina's lips as she opened her eyes. A smile appeared on Nijahoeba's face as he hugged her tightly.

"Sailor..."

"Forgive me for my foolishness! I should have never turned against you!" cried Nijahoeba.

Arina's eyes opened wider!

Her hands slowly pushed him away. "Everyone is a fool...even the Upper Beings."

Nijahoeba let her go and they both rose to their feet.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"I do not know."

Battle cries were suddenly heard as arrows with fire filled the sky.

Nijahoeba and Arina began to run. Arina suddenly saw a kingdom before them.

"A kingdom!" she yelled.

The ground began shaking as a grey beast with four arms and an eye at the center of its face appeared.

Two weighted chains with triangular blades at the end were carried by two of the hands.

An army of men followed the beast, heading for the kingdom.

Arina and Nijahoeba stopped running and stared at the magnificent Upper being before them.

"Aweosis," Arina whispered.

"Aweosis? The balancer of good and evil?" asked Nijahoeba in fear.

"Yes..."

At the mention of its name, the beast turned to face their direction.

The chains on two of its hands made a rattling sound, seemingly balancing the triangular blades.

Suddenly, giant balls of burning substance headed for Aweosis and his army.

They were being thrown from the Kingdom before them.

Two of his other free hands began hitting the balls of fire away, shielding his army.

Nijahoeba and Arina took cover, avoiding the balls of fire. Smoke filled the atmosphere as Nijahoeba coughed terribly.

"Get up!" Arina yelled as she helped him up. "Get..."

The sound of horses was heard as more cries were heard. "For Aweosis!!" they yelled.

Arina helped Nijahoeba as they ran for cover and safety.

Aweosis's army was already heading for the kingdom, giving them enough time to run away.

"Aweos..." coughed Nijahoeba.

"What?!" she asked.

Suddenly a shadow covered them as Arina slowly looked up and meet the large red eye of the Upper Being.

Blood ran down her nose as she trembled.

"Thou shall not look in the eye of the balancer, for he can close yours." Reece's words suddenly returned.

Her body failed her as Nijahoeba quickly held her from falling, without looking up.

A tense mood was felt as the sound of rattling chains was heard again.

"Who are you?" the beast asked.

He was immediately taken to his past when his mother would read to him about the Upper Beings.

She would sit at the edge of his bed and show him some of her drawings.

"He is the only Upper being who fights for men like us. It is his duty to get rid of unnecessary evil. It is his job to balance good and evil."

"Nijahoeba...the man who stole the Upper Being's powers." He slowly answered. He then sank to his feet, Arina on his hands and cried. "Punish me! I have done wrong! Please...I cannot live like this!"

"Nijahoeba," Aweosis spoke. "I am not the punisher, I am hope to men. You are men, regardless of what you do...I am your hope. Get up now for I have condoned you. You have a new home now...Ghima, this is the place where you will live until the end."

Nijahoeba stopped crying as his tears fell on the sand. He looked at the kingdom in ruin before him, recalling his mother's words. "Why do you condone me? I have done what can never be forgiven!" he finally asked.

"What cannot be forgiven is what one does not regret doing. Do you regret what you did?" Aweosis asked.

"Yes, with my very being."

"Then you are worthy to be forgiven."