LISTEN

Thoughts crossed Hunter’s mind as he walked up the steps, heading inside the high court, where Grimeson dwelled, along with his god.

He had to tell them exactly what the strange woman had said to him last night.

“ Hunter!” the female voice yelled from behind as he turned around to face the very same woman who had told him about Ghima and the New God.

Her curly hair was braided  elegantly and she wore golden hooped earrings and necklace.

She had made no effort in looking like the Bemah civilians, still wearing her Silk black dress that every high status woman from Tampah wore.

“ Who are you? How do you know my name?!” asked Hunter in confusion.

“ My name is Enah, loyal subject of Lushantras.” She introduced herself.

“ And why are you here?”

“ You are going to tell Grimeson about Ghima am I correct? I believe this is not the time yet. It will only unleash chaos. The New God has to be taken care of first.” She explained.

“ Chaos?”

“ Aweosis will free the New God as soon as you deliver the news to Mena and Grimeson. Believe me, it was revealed in my visions.”

“ Visions?!” laughed Hunter.

“ Yes! Visions, Revelations of what will come. Why do you think I am here? Apart from being sent to handle some affairs by my Lord, I am here to stop the end of the world.” Enah explained. She then turned around and faced the rest of the city.

Smoke filled the harbors, with ships arriving and departing.

“ I have seen the wrath of this world too many times in my head, some by fire, some by water, wind and earthquakes. Every one of them worse than the other. All of this will be gone if you and I do not fight.” She continued, now speaking calmly.

“ Mena does not want to take care of the New God. He enjoys the benefits of scholars, refugees and important figures coming to his city in order to see the fallen God.” Hunter spoke. “ He will not listen to me.”

“ Force him to! By all means, make him see! I will be by your side.”

“ Does your god approve of that? Two believers…”

“ I am not Lushantras' believer! I serve him because he has showed me mercy too many times.” Enah corrected him. She then hid the bracelet on her wrist.

“ For the future of the Gods.” Hunter said.

“ …and their legacies, the New God should be taken care of before Aweosis frees him. After that, the gods can know of his betrayal.” She concluded.

Hunter nodded before continuing his journey towards the high court.

Now, he was going to address the issue of ending the New God. Even the slightest chance of men rebelling against their gods had to be erased.

“ More than five hundred years ago, before we descended from our realm, men had built a long tower, taller than the clouds. Their aim was to come to us. Men had planned to invade our realm before we did theirs. They were challenging us.”