I AM FRIGHTENED

" Captain Sulton," the young man said as he handed a glass of beer to Captain Sulton.

" And?" 

" They left. The artist says that it's been a whole week now." The young man answered.
A sigh left Sulton's lips.

" The lass, she was your daughter right?"

" I don't know really Bernard. Do you really consider someone as your child once you've given her up for a bag of silver and a better life?"

" Sir I..."

" Ayy! What has the world come to be?!" complained Sulton.

" Maybe we should follow them. You did say that it is dangerous for them to wander alone." Bernard said.

" Ye think so?"

" Yes Captain."

" Uh-uh! Let them be! Two stubborn brats they are! I'm surprised they haven't killed each other yet!" Captain Sulton said.  " Let them see how hopeless their goal to save men is."

**
" It is hopeless...our goal to save men." Arina spoke.

There was no response from Nijahoeba as they rode through the fields, butterflies flying around.
" Ever since I was born...I never got to decide what I wanted. I , unlike most children was raised in a artificial small town where my mother preached about the New God. I used to listen to her, she would tell me stories of how beautiful the world would be once the New God arrived." Nijahoeba finally spoke as he looked up at the sky.

" She said that I would get to play with more children, children from around the world. That was the only thing I knew. The church was the only life I lived."

" Nijahoeba," Arina whispered softly.

" I've never done anything meaningful with my life, never wanted anything too. The sea, that was my only solace...yet now I have what the world wants. The beast, the New God. Why me? Being the worst person in the world...why was I the one to be chosen by this beast? Me?" Nijahoeba continued.

" How could the universe let the future of men rest on the shoulders of somebody like me? A poor fisherman who loves to gaze at the horizon instead of working? Why?! It is torture...knowing that every move you make can end humanity. Arina...I can't!" he cried.

" I know." She said, " I felt the pressure on you before you did Nijahoeba.  It is time to let this go Nijahoeba. Nobody has to know that you are the New God. After we find Enah, we will return home and forget about the world."

Nijahoeba looked at her in shock.

" The world can wait. Let us raise Bethel and Leonard first." She said with a gentle smile. " They need you more than humanity."