HE HAS AWAKEN... NIJAHOEBA

The loud roars filled the island as Arina finally stopped running and turned to face the two creatures. Her blue eyes opened wider in shock , when she saw the beast that Nijahoeba had transformed to. 

"Sailor?" she whispered in disbelief, "Is that you?"

The vicious thin beast ran its claws across Nijahoeba's face causing him to move backwards before falling. Dust and rocks rose in the air , while Nijahoeba roared in pain. 

Thick threads then wrapped his body as he roared trying to break free. The threads tightened, aiming to rip him into bits.

"Sailor!" Arina yelled in tears. " Get up Sailor!"

A melancholic cry left Nijahoeba's mouth as the thin beast assaulted him in with claws.

His roars decreased as his vision turned blurry. The thin beast then pulled his lower skeletal jaw, hoping to separate it from his face.

"Sailor!!!" cried Arina. "Nijahoeba!!!" 

Hearing Arina's screams, Nijahoeba regained his consciousness, using his might, he spread his upper limbs as hard as he could, tearing the threads of hair away. 

"No!!" cried the thin beast, holding its hair in devastation. The empty face wrinkled instantly. 

Nijahoeba then ran with all his four limbs, heading for Arina. The ground shook as Arina jumped into the water, swimming for the boat.  

"No! Don't leave!" cried the thin beast. "Nobody leaves my lair alive! Nobody!"

Nijahoeba jumped inside the dark water and swam for Arina. Even as he swam away, he could still hear the beast's cries.

He could not go back though, he would be killed if he did.

"It was not your fault. We played our part, helped a young woman. That is all that matters."

"If only we had honest Upper Beings!"

***

Sea gulls screeched across the blue sky as Arina looked through the binoculars, for any sign of a ship.

There was no ship from the distance. A relieved sign left her lips as she climbed down the crow's nest and walked towards the right edge of the ship.

She looked down at the water and met the face of a beast with a skeletal jaw. It lay on the waters, its head resting near the ship.

Her forehead tensed as the beast made a deep sound.

"I told you to go deeper into the sea. We cannot afford anyone seeing you." She spoke in concern.

The beast made another deep sound, vibrating the whole ship. She held onto the ship with her might.

"I can't help you if you do not listen to me!" she yelled in anger, tears running down her cheeks. "Please, go deeper..."

The beast slowly sank deeper into the endless sea, leaving Arina to collect her emotions.

He could feel how shattered she was from everything. She had lost hope.

As he swam deeper into the darkness memories returned.

"Nijahoeba, can you hear me?" his mother had asked after he had taken in the beast.

Huge chains bound his arms as he took deep breaths.

"Mother..." he had answered.

That was when the congregation clapped hands as his mother smiled.

"You did it son, you have taken the beast for me." She had said, tears running down her cheeks.

That was when he changed into a beast, ripping the chains apart.

His roar echoed inside the temple as he attacked the congregation, ripping them into pieces.

"Nijahoeba!" his mother had yelled in fear.

The power had been to great for him to wield, he could not control it and ended up killing his only hope of being a normal man.

The sound of canons echoed terribly, pulling him back to the presence.

He looked above him and could only see shadows of what looked like ships.

Arina! Was she alright?

Suddenly, a body dropped inside the waters. Her blonde hair flowed beautifully as she swam deeper, heading for Nijahoeba.

He reached out his claw towards her and she touched it, sending a feeling of warmth throughout Nijahoeba's heart.

That was when his claws turned back to hands and he turned back into a man.

The waters moved and both he and Arina were pushed to the surface.

He gasped for air as the breeze blew passed his face.

Arina then appeared next to him, gasping for air as well.

Foreign ships filled the sea, red flags souring above them.

They fired canons at the Marietta, which was already sinking.

"Hands in the air!" a voice yelled from one of the smaller ships.

Nijahoeba and Arina raised their hands in the air and looked up at the shadow above them.