WE PROMISE!

A giggle escaped Bethel's lips as she peeped from behind one of the pine trees, seeing Leonard approaching. Her hands fiddled with her braids as she saw him getting closer.

Quickly, she jumped before him and said, " Boo!!"

" Bethel!" cried Leonard as he punched her face.

She moved backwards before laughing helplessly.

" You thought I was a ghost!" she laughed, blood running down her nostril.

"'This is not funny! One day someone will shoot you!" complained Leonard as he walked way, Bethel following him behind.

" Where are you going? Do you not want to play with me?"

" Not today, how about you ask Diaz?"

" LEONARD!" she yelled in anger.

**
The sun set and houses began to lit up. Silence reigned inside the house of Arina. Leonard lazily played with his food, Bethel ate her food but as soon as she saw what her brother was doing, she copied him.

Arina finally cleared her throat. " Your interest in learning reminds me of myself." She began. " Leonard,"

" Mother?"

" You're a very intelligent young man. I would hate to see your talent go to waste."
She then touched Bethel's hair, " You too."

" I want to go to Bemah." Leonard said quickly.

" Can I come too?" Bethel jumped in.

" Yes of course, we can all go...as a family." Arina spoke with a smile.
Leonard looked at her in disbelief.

" As long as you promise to behave yourselves."

" We promise!" he quickly said. " We will be responsible!"