CHANGE OF PLANS?

“ Absolutely madness!” Grimeson sharply spoke, banging the table in anger. “ The New God serves better purpose, trapped behind the crystal than he does fully dead!”

“ How long before someone releases him? Huh! What will happen then?” Hunter asked. “ Are you going to gamble with your future because of status?!”

“ You are nothing but a young naive brat! This kind of business is not to your knowledge!” argued Grimeson.

“ The New God will be killed but not now! We will wait another decade before we decided what will be best for us!”

“ Us? What do you mean by us?” Asked Hunter.

There was no response from Grimeson.

“ Men? Humanity? Who will benefit from this? Men…or Upper Beings?!” Hunter asked.

“ Both parties,” the loud and hoarse voice answered, his voice echoing within the room. Hunter looked around the room in shock and surprise.

“ Is that the judge?” Hunter asked.

“ Such wisdom for a young mortal. You are probably the first man to put Upper Beings first. I hope you are not the last.” Mena spoke.

“ If that is so, I am sure you understand why I am asking for the New God to be dealt with.” Hunter said.

“ I’m afraid that is where you are wrong. I will kill the New God when the time is right, when the whole world belongs under an Upper Being. Firstly, we must clean the world of the independent, non believer men who remain hidden in the woods and coasts. Once it is done, phase two will begin. The New God will be eliminated.” Mena answered.

“ This is not what my god and you agreed on!”

“ Exactly, how about you let gods handle this? You, as a mortal may be executed.” Mena rudely answered.

Hunter rose from the chair and walked out of the room quickly, leaving Grimeson in silence.

“ I am disappointed in you Grimeson, failing to answer the question of a simple mountain boy!” Mena rudely addressed his believer.

“ Forgive me my lord!” Grimeson said in embarrassment. “ It will not occur again.”

“ I hope you are correct! Enough with the past, the barbarians from Damos will be here shortly, welcome them and make sure that you accept the youngest of slaves.” Mena said.

Grimeson rose to his feet and nodded before walking out of the room as well.