HORIZON OF WRATH

The shrill sound of an unknown creature filled Nijahoeba's ears, triggering his anger.

He kept his eyes on the small figure that belonged to Arina who stood at the edge of the harbor.

She was watching over them as the ship sailed away, like some God.

There was something about her that made her seem superior, it was something not even the Upper beings possessed.

Could this be the reason his mother believed that men could replace the Upper beings? The reason she did what she did to him?

"We can save all men son, the two of us can destroy these tyrants who call themselves GODS!" his mother had said with tears running down her cheeks.

His eyes suddenly noticed the small figure that belonged to Arina pushing a small boat into the sea.

What was she doing?

He quickly looked through the binoculars on his hand and saw her paddling in the water.

A shrill sound was heard once again, this time Nijahoeba sensed some movement as well. "Arina..." he whispered before taking off his coat and shoes.

He let go off of the binoculars and jumped into the sea, swimming towards Arina. An angry Upper being appeared, destroying everything in its path as well.

The giant, white beast with eight eyes and long limbs raced for the harbor, wrath in its eyes. It carried a gourd on its back.

Arina paddled as fast as she could, seeing Sulli approaching. A strong hand suddenly appeared from under the water and held onto the boat.

Nijahoeba's wet face appeared. He stretched out his other hand towards Arina's waist and pulled her into the water.

Time seemed to stop as they both sank into the deep sea. She held onto him, her eyes wide open as the water drowned them both.

Certain memories returned, bringing Arina to the past.

"You have to let her bless you," the old man said as he put his arm around young Arina.

"Why should I? I thought you were the one who told me to never believe anything she says." She asked,

"Yes, I did but...think about her power, what we can do with it? Imagine healing the whole world. Don't you want that?" the old man answered.

"A new GOD is coming Arina, when he arrives, I want to be amongst his army."

"New God?" she asked, looking at the old man in shock.

Her eyes immediately peeled open and the first thing she saw was the ceiling. She slowly sat upright and realized that she was in a ship, Odo's ship.

A red coat covered her body. Her head throbbed terribly and she still tasted the salty sea.

The door suddenly opened and the young man with long, black hair and a small moustache walked inside. he wore a loose white shite that was buttoned down to the navel, revealing his toned chest and old scars. Life hadn't been kind to him, she realized.

He carried a mug on his right hand and some clothes on the other.

"Where is she?" she asked, pulling the coat close to her naked body.
He placed the mug on the small drawer next to her and put the clothes on the small bed she was on.

He then pulled a chair from the corner and sat down before her. His half opened, dark eyes stared at her. "You defied your God, why?" he asked.

"The same reason you defied yours, for the future of men. When you told me you served no God, you awoke something..." she tried to explain but he said,

"I am not like you."

"You are! You abandoned your God..."

"I never had a God Arina! I was never a believer."

Her eyes widened. "What do you mean? How come you know so much about the believers? Sulli how did she see you?" she asked. There was silence.

"Sailor," she begged.

"Yada is no more." He slowly said.

"YOU angered your God and she punished everyone in your home island. Is that what you wanted? The future of men?"

Tears slowly ran down her rosy cheeks.

"Foolish is one to think they can go against the Upper beings." He added.

"THEN why did you come for me? Why did you save me from Sulli?!" she asked in anger and hurt. "You went against an Upper being...are you also foolish?"

He did not answer, instead rose to his feet and headed for the door.

His footsteps faded as he walked down the passage heading to the unknown.

Arina covered her face and silently wept.