WELCOME, OUR SAVIOR... ARINA

The sweet melodies of Nijahoeba's guitar seemed to play while Arina walked inside the large temple, stepping on the white tiles with her barefeet. 

She kept her eyes on the alter while masses, from all around Yada and neighboring cities cheered her name,  begging for her to bless them. She was a vessel, performing the miracles of the great white Upper Being.

The white robe she wore covered her entire body and she looked like an angel.

The sick and injured came in numbers, all of them begging to be healed by her. It was what she was born to do, as a believer.

Sulli, the Healer and upper being had gifted her with this ability years ago when she was a little girl.

She would never forget the day she touched her hand and inherited some of her power.

Sulli was their God, they lived by her commandments.

As she touched each hand, healing each one, her mind was still curious about Nijahoeba.

A pang of guilt overwhelmed her as she thought about what Arth did. Odo and Nijahoeba were too good to her.

Nobody deserved such ill treatment, rich or poor, man or God.

A shrill voice was heard throughout the temple, pulling Arina out of her thoughts.

Her body tensed as her face turned to face the two gigantic, white doors behind her. Even from behind the doors, she could sense Sulli's wrath.

"What have you brought to my kingdom Arina?" the hoarse but yet calm voice asked.

Silence reigned. Sulli was speaking to Arina and her alone. Nobody else could hear them.

"What have I brought? I'm afraid I do not understand my lady." Arina replied.

"There is something in my kingdom, it is also provoking me. Get rid of it Arina," concluded Sulli.

Arina bowed slightly before saying a prayer. She knew what her God wanted. She also knew that she had to do it.

Nijahoeba, he was provoking her God, she had to act before Sulli herself decided to break out of her realm and attack Nijahoeba.

After the gathering, Arina headed for the Yada Harbor. Nobody knew where she was going, not even Arth. She wore a grey cloak over her head, in order to camouflage amongst the regular civilians.

Her heart seemed to beats its way out of her chest as she walked down the dark streets.
The sky was an orange color with dark clouds.

The first star had appeared, reminding her that the evening was arriving. The loud yell from men caught her attention and she walked faster.

Finally, she reached the harbor and began looking for the Marietta, Odo's ship.

Her eyes wandered across the endless ships, a gentle wind blowing her dress.

She held it closely and suddenly saw a figure approaching.

The figure grew closer and she realized that it was a man. He carried a barrel.

"Greetings ma'am," the man spoke when he reached her.

"Greetings. If I may ask, the man that sells oil, where can I find him?" she asked. "He was with a young man with dark long hair."

The man narrowed his eyes. "Are you talking about the old man with one leg? Odo?" he finally answered.

"Yes! Where is he?" she asked.

"You see that ship over there? That is where he is." The man answered as he put the barrel on the floor and pointed at one of the ships.

"Thank you very much!" Arina said gratefully.

"You are welcome," the man said as she walked away, heading to the Marietta.

***

Distant whispers filled his ears as he stared at the compass. 

The needle stood static, never moving. "Lad, somebody is here for you," Odo appeared from below the crow's nest, where Nijahoeba stood and said.

"Who is it?" asked Nijahoeba, closing the compass.

"It's me," The familiar voice said.

Nijahoeba looked down from the crow's nest and saw the blonde young woman who wore a grey cloak. She removed the hood and blonde hair fell over her shoulders in waves. "Arina?" his voice came out unclear as he put his compass back in his coat.

Odo was already gone, leaving just the two of them.

Nijahoeba quickly climbed down the crow's nest swiftly, 

 "I bought the money over, Odo is counting it as we speak." She began once they were close to each other.

"Hhm, I see," he slowly said when his feet touched the deck. Silence then reigned.

"You were right," she said once again. "I am a believer. I serve Sulli, the healer."

"Forgive me but I don't think I want to talk to you," Nijahoeba said before walking pass her.

"Why are you here?!" she asked, turning to face his back.

Nijahoeba stopped walking and turned to face her. "I believe I should be asking you that," he answered. "You didn't have to bring the money, not after what that man said to me."

"What are you?" she asked.

He rose his eyebrow.

 "Sulli has seen you. Now, tell me what brings you here? Which God do you serve?" her voice was demanding.

A sharp laughter escaped Nijahoeba's lips.

"I don't serve any God Arina. I am here to sell oil, nothing else,"

"Lad, prepare the sail, we have to leave before the next hour." Odo's voice yelled from the background.

"Yes sir!" Nijahoeba yelled. "Arina, you have to leave," he then said to her.

Her lower lip quivered as she looked at the horizon.

"Forgive me for what Arth did." She slowly said, "I should have done something." Before walking away.