FIXING ALL THE CRACKS

City guards filled every corner of the street while civilians were forced to gather together before one of the defense gates which was closer to the high court. Chaos was unleashed, with guards moving civilians, some getting separated from their families.

Arina held tightly onto Leonard , pushing everyone out of her way.

She had to get home and find Bethel and Diaz.

“ This way ma’am! No one is allowed to be anywhere else!” one guard yelled at her, blocking her from reaching home.

“ Get out of my way!” she barked. “ My daughter is home for heaven’s sake!”

“ That is not my problem ma'am, get going now and behave, we have a lot of work already!”

“ Let us through!” Leonard demanded, pushing down the guard. The guard fell on his back and cried. This gave Arina and Leonard the opportunity to run home.

They diverged from the crowd, attracting attention from the guards who decided to open fire at them.

Their bullets pierced Leonard’s back who fell down and stopped moving immediately.

“ Leonard!” cried Arina as she helped him up. The boy did not move as blood stained his white shirt. “ Leonard!” she cried, hugging him close to her chest.

More people began to riot against the guards, hitting and killing them.

“ You do not have control over our lives!” some yelled. A pandemonium broke, with people running for safety and rebelling against the cruel hearted guards.

Arina watched, holding onto her son while he healed of all of his injuries.

**
In the middle of city, the atmosphere was tense as Sulton man attacked the guards, killing them mercilessly.

Captain Sulton loaded his pistol before shooting at the approaching guards in Bemah uniform.

He waited for Bernard’s signal. He was not going to flood the city, not until he knew that they were safe.