HELLO BEMAH

Three weeks later...

White pigeons flew around the city, young boys selling newspapers and guards patrolling the great city of Bemah.

Leonard nervously followed his mother as they walked around the city, buying some ink and paper.

He fixed his now long hair which was plaited into a regular neat braid, making him look so much like Bethel.

“ Are you not hungry, huh Leonard?” Arina asked the young boy while she picked up some pens.

“ Not really,” Leonard whispered, avoiding stares from the young girls who walked by.

“ Very well then!” she said before turning around and walking towards one of the paintings on the wall. “ Magnificent! Come and see this!”

Leonard walked towards the painting and stared in fascination.

“ I want to paint something like this some day.” He said.

“ And I would like to see it!” she said. “ Come now, let us head home.”

Leonard followed his mother out of the store and into the busy streets.

He had never seen so many people in one place. The feeling was overwhelming suddenly. A part of him wished that he was back home.

Arina on the other hand, was glad that she moved to Bemah, apart from her painful past, this was such a good place to raise her children.

They would get the opportunity to attend real libraries.

As they turned around the corner, a figure ran into her, forcing her to drop the paper that flew with the wind.

“ No! No! No!” she cried in anger, bending down to pick up the remaining.

“ I am very sorry! Please allow me to buy you more of the paper!” the young man said, helping her pick up the paper.

“ Absolutely not!” she denied, slapping his hand that reached out to touch her paper.

“ Such a strong hand for…” he said, looking at her in shock.

She looked at the young man with fair eyes and pale blonde hair viciously.

“ for what? A woman?” she asked.

“ My name is Mr Aion.” He said, reaching out his hand. “ I can buy you some of the paper and even show your umh…little brother some exciting sights.”

“ I want to go to the art gallery!” Leonard said in excitement.

“ Absolutely not! We are heading home immediately!” Arina demanded.

“ But mother! Please!” he begged. “ I’m hungry too.”

“ Oh! so now you are hungry?!”

“ I beg of you my beautiful mother! I will rub your feet for eternity if you agree.” Begged Leonard.

“ You are such a worm!” complained Arina. “ Very well! Mr Aion, please take us to the art gallery.”

“ Of course! Come, follow me.” The man spoke.