FUSED

Eight year old Nijahoeba walked down the rocky surface, heading towards the figure that stood near the edge.

“ Hello!!” he yelled.

The young blonde haired girl did not reply as she moved closer to the edge.

“ Arina!”

She pushed her body forward but Nijahoeba held her waist before she could fall.

“ Arina! Please don’t leave me!”

“ Everything looks so pretty down there. No pain like up here.” She slowly spoke.

“ What about me?!” cried Nijahoeba. “ Are you leaving me alone?”

“ We were born to die Nijahoeba.” She spoke. “ I want to rest now,”

“ Rest? I don’t want to live without you Arina! Please, I beg of you!”

There was no response from Arina. Tears cascaded down Nijahoeba's cheeks as he held tightly to her waist. 

He could not risk losing her.

“ Tell me a joke, I want to laugh.” Arina said.

“ I…a joke?”

“ Yes,”

“ I don’t know how to tell one. Forgive me,”

She burst in laughter. “ That was amusing,”

“ A stupid sailor thought that he could be a good man, even after killing his mother and failing to save Odo, he still believed that he was going to deliver the world.” Nijahoeba whispered enough for Arina to hear him.

“ What are you saying?!” she asked.

“ A joke. I am telling a joke.”

They began to grow older, now teenagers.

Nijahoeba dared not to move. Her blonde locks tinkled his nose as he buried his face on her neck.

“ I am not letting you go Arina.”

“ Fine, let’s see how long you can hold me.”

“ Forever,” he assured her. “ I will hold you until you decide to come back to me.”

Arina swiftly turned around and laid a fist on Nijahoeba’s face. He held her fist and pushed her further from the edge.

“ Ah!” she cried as she slowly rose her head and looked at the tall figure before her.

“ Let me go!” she screamed crazily before rising to her feet and pushed him.

He held her arms and tripped her off her feet. She fell down and didn’t move.

“ There’s nothing left for me.” Her voice sounded sad.

“ Me, I am what’s left for you.” He then sat down next to her.

“ Sailor?” she said as she looked at him.

“ yes Arina, Sailor!” he concluded.

**
The loud roar filled the ruined harbor as Nijahoeba fell down before Sulli.

The dust began to settle as Sulli kicked him over.

“ Failure! The New God has failed to defeat me!” she laughed.

“ Sulli fears the waters. That is why she could not retrieve me when I entered the sea.” 

Nijahoeba remembered Arina saying the words.

Using his might, he rose to his limbs and grabbed Sulli by her gourd. They both struggled as they moved towards the sea.

“ No…”

Darkness followed as the sound of water splashing filled the harbor. Sulli struggled, trying to keep afloat but she kept sinking.

Nijahoeba swam deeper, following her.

His jaws opened as everything Sulli could see turned to dark.