YADA, HOME TO THE BELIEVERS

"I can't believe we made it," Arina spoke enthusiastically, as she looked at the harbor that was overcrowded with different kinds of ships and boats. The beautiful city could be seen from the distance, white sea gulls souring above the clear blue sky.

"Yada, my home."

The sound of engines could be already heard as Odo's ship drew closer to the harbor. They had reached the famous Yada, city of Sulli, an upper being known for her white skin and ability to heal the sick. Sulli was one of the twelve Upper Beings, a symbol of health and both disease, for she could pour out diseases into the world of men, when angered by their doings.

Nijahoeba helped Odo anchor the ship when they reached the port while Arina carried her bags out of the ship.

"About the money, I don't have it with me. My father who is home will pay you." She suddenly said. "I think you should meet him, you really helped me. I don't know what I would have done without you two."

"The lad and I have business to attend to missy, these barrels of oil won't sell themselves here." Odo said, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "Meeting your father will have to be quick. I want Nijahoeba back here before the sun sets,"

"Me?" Nijahoeba asked, touching his chest. "Are you asking me to fetch the money alone?" there was amusement and disbelief in his voice.

Odo nodded.

"Unless you want to find another job."

Nijahoeba stuttered terribly, his eyebrows furrowed.

Arina shrugged before handing her bags to Nijahoeba. He took them slowly and she began walking out of the ship.

"Arina!!" he yelled as he ran after her, holding all the expensive bags from falling. "Wait for me!"

People filled the streets of Yada, the sound of a bell ringing in the background. The sound could be heard throughout the city, where thousands of men and women lived.

Grey pigeons filled the streets, flying away whenever somebody passed.

Little children in white robes ran up the crowded streets, laughing happily.

This sort of energy seemed to calm Arina who could not stop smiling.

"You are one of them, aren't you?" Nijahoeba began as they walked down the streets.

She turned to face him, her smile fading.

"One of who?" she asked.

"The believers." He answered."You have been gifted by the Upper Beings. That is the reason you wear those bracelets, to show your devotion to serve them."

"Finally! You show me your true colors!" Arina said."I knew that you were not just stupid. There was something about you..." she then looked at him. "Who are you?"

"Arina Burdett," a deep voice interrupted their conversation.

Nijahoeba looked at the two men who wore brown suits. They appeared before them, one of them carrying an umbrella.

The first one was thin and had grey, balding hair and a ridiculous moustache.

The second one was younger but still looked as ridiculous as the thin one.

"It is by order of the church and your father that we escort you home. We are to make sure that you are safe and well." The thin man spoke, giving Nijahoeba a vicious look.

"Thank you Arth," Arina said as she gestured at Nijahoeba to give the two man her bags.

"Do you perhaps have 4000 donnians with you right now Arth?" she asked the thin man. "I have to pay this man for bringing me here."

Arth looked at her in shock.

"Please, I owe him that much." She begged.

"4000 donnians? I would never carry such money on these streets" Arth answered.

He then went through his pockets and pulled out 50 donnians.

"Here, take this as a token of gratitude from the Burdett family." While handing it to the disappointed Nijahoeba.

"This is not what we agreed..." Nijahoeba complained.

"Would you rather we send you to prison for touching Miss Burdett? I don't suppose you would like to be stoned to death."

Nijahoeba looked at Arina. She looked away in shame.

"Run along now you rodent!" Arth hissed in hate.

Nijahoeba squeezed the 50 donnians on his rough hand before walking away in anger.

Disappointment filled his heart. Odo had always told him about the selfish nobles who had the privilege to dine with the Upper Beings.

How unfair life was. Even their creators preferred status than the soul.