FORGIVEN SOUL

GHIMA, land of Aweosis

The sound of people screaming filled Nijahoeba's ears as he peeled his eyes open, sat upright and looked around the dark room. There was no one, only silence. Sweat ran down his face as he held his chest, breathing heavily.

"It was just a dream," he muttered, moving the dark hairs from his face slowly. "Another bad dream,"

The moon's light entered the room and seemingly calmed him down. He slowly rose from the wooden chair, walked out of the room and finally out of the small house that he lived in. The barn was the first thing he saw once he was outside, along with the mealies swaying in the wind.
It was peaceful, Ghima had been peaceful than he had expected. He had acquired a small piece of land where he built his house and then planted some crops before buying some sheep which he sold.

He was a farmer now, leaving in the land and not being bothered by storms or whirlpools. He couldn't lie though, he missed the sea, it had been his life before he met Arina, before...

"Another bad dream?" the sweet and delicate voice asked from behind.

He turned to face the beautiful blonde woman who wore a white silk dress.

"You should be asleep, you need to rest." He answered reaching out his hand towards her.
She slowly held it and smiled shortly.

They both looked up at the moon.

"They are calling for me, I can hear them." He began.

"The world?"

"Yes, it feels painful to hear them cry. It feels like they are my children, everyone one of them." He then turned to face her, "Destruction and chaos is amongst us Arina,"

A deep sigh left Arina's lips. Her grip on Nijahoeba's hand tightened.

"Say something, please." He begged.

"I'm scared Nijahoeba." She confessed. "I am scared of what will unfold." She then looked up at him. "Promise me that regardless of what happens, you will come back to me."

"Arina,"

"Promise me," she said once more.

"I promise," as he moved her hand closer to his face and kissed it patiently, eyes closed. No matter what, he promised himself. A tear slid down his left cheek as he recalled the night, he killed his mother.

The beast inside him had wanted them dead, all of them. After turning back to a man, he had run away from home. It was there that he met Odo. Where he became the man, he was today.