HEART UPON

The sound of gold coins jiggled inside the man’s trousers as he walked up the early, lonely streets.

Smoke escaped his lips as his bottle green eyes wandered around.

The glistening crystal wall from distances away caught his attention as he walked straight towards it.

It was time to end it all now. He was ready to free the man that had protected his daughter when he could not.

A sad smile curled up his face when he finally saw what remained of the New God.

He looked horrible, the Upper Beings had intended to kill him after all.

He carefully took off his bell top hat and curled it between his fingers.

“ I hope yer can hear me lad, because you need to listen very closely. I am here to free ye. It is time to return to the sea with my men, as one of us. I will flood the city now, everyone will perish…including your family.”

He then paused, images of Arina, Diaz and the children returning.

“ Selfish bastard aren’t I? I am willing to sacrifice your children for your freedom! Deep down, we both know they should not have been…Arina was supposed to die in the claws of Sulli. Ye were supposed to let her go, just like I had did. Hold on now, I may rock ye a bit.”

A single tear slid from his right eye as he dropped the hat on the ground and closed his eyes.

“ You and I are alike. Sometimes I feel like I am looking at my own reflection, when I grow older of course.” Nijahoeba spoke, “ A part of me wished that you were Heir Young Yato the first time I saw you.”

“ Hey! You shouldn’t be here!” the gruff voice said from behind.
Sulton, slowly opened his eyes and reached for his double barrel flintlock pistol.

He turned towards the guard and pointed the weapon at him before setting his skull open.

Blood splattered in the air, while the sound echoed through the city. Pigeons flew into the sky viciously.

This alerted all of the other guards who rushed to the scene.

Men in red coats suddenly appeared from every corner, shooting at the city guards.

A battle began as Captain Sulton threw his cigarette on the ground before touching the crystal wall, feeling how strong it was.

From behind, Bernard appeared.
“ Captain, we are ready.” He spoke.

“ Find Arina and the children. Make sure they are safe, once it is done…signal me.” Captain Sulton spoke through gritted teeth.

“ But Captain…we don’t have time, Njiro will be here in a bit!” argued Bernard.

“ Do what I am telling you! And hurry lad!”

“ What about you?” asked Bernard.

“ Gooo!!”

Bernard nodded reluctantly before running away, leaving Sulton to question his conscience.

Why had he decided to change?