RISE OF THE GODS

The New God is dead, frozen into nothing but crystal and displayed before the masses in Bemah, the biggest city of the world. The war, it is over. The Upper Beings...they have won!

Now, in order to make sure that the events of the past do not occur again, armys from the different Churches and territories of Upper Beings were sent to invade, destroy and return slaves from any city or town which does not fall under any Upper Being.

Submission was forced onto humanity, they had to choose a God to serve or face the consequences. Many tried to oppose the rule, some even tried to fight back but it did not end well. They were murdered brutally along with their families.

Towns, homes and families were torn apart, everyone making up their mind about whether they want to be slaves or to die. Many chose to live, stating that prison was only a state of the mind.
Few chose to die, stating that what use was it to live if their lives did not belong to them? Just like the New God...they would rather die.

Some remained confused, following the majority only to drown in anxiety and fear. They hoped that one day the time to choose would never come.

Hope died, proving that the only endless thing was the horizon. Everything else died as years went by.

**
14 years later

Soft music played while the huge hand with golden rings poured some wine onto his glass. He hummed the tune in passion before gobbling the beverage quickly. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he placed the glass on the desk and closed his eyes.

The growing noise outside interrupted his thoughts as he opened his eyes slowly and turned to face the door. The knocking on the door followed.

" Captain Sulton does not want to see anyone!"

" I know, let me pass won't you? It is important!"

" Is it? I hope it is not another painting you want to show him!"

" Let me pass!!!"

" Leonard!!!"

The voices out side argued before the door opened and the teenage boy with blonde, shoulder length hair stumbled inside. As soon as he saw Captain Sulton, his face lit up and he hurried to him, leaving the door open.

" Captain, should I drag him out?" one of the men in red uniform asked, appearing from the door. " If he..."

" Let him Guss!" Captain Sulton said quickly. " Close the door, I will call ye, when I need to."
The men nodded before closing the door.

Captain Sulton then turned to face the young boy.

" I needed to show you this," the boy said as he showed him his drawing. " I drew Cassidy, yer ship!"

" How many times should I tell ye that I don't care about your darn paintings?!"

" Wait! Here's another one." The boy spoke as he showed him another one. " I drew ye, great Pirate God of the seas!"

" I AM NOT A GOD!!" snapped Captain Sulton, slapping the glass off wine off his desk. This frightened the young boy who moved backwards. His black eyes opened wider in shock and his nose flared. He was both scared and angry.

Regretting his actions, Captain Sulton looked away from the young innocent eyes. " Ye should get ready, we will reach the land in a while."

" Ye are always angry...why?" the boy spoke slowly, holding his paintings close to his chest.

" Get out of here lad!"

" Leonard, my name is Leonard sir," there was anger in his voice as he turned around and walked out of Captain Sulton's cabin.